Job Recruitment Website - Ranking of immigration countries - The Historical Evolution of Tanqiao Town

The Historical Evolution of Tanqiao Town

Tanqiao Town, commonly known as Zhenchang, is one of the five Dongshan Games. Located in the shallow hills of Longquanyi District. Tanqiao Town has a long history. It is said that this is an old street in the Han Dynasty. During the Three Kingdoms period, Zhuge Liang, the prime minister of Shu and Han Dynasties, prospered the city. Because the jade belt of Liu Chan, the ruler of the late Shu and Han Dynasties, fell into the octagonal well next to the town, it was named "Luodai". There is also a saying that the Huangjiahe River in Tanqiao Town encircles the town from east to west, which looks like a current in this area. Tanqiao Town is the place where Hakka people live in Dongshan. The people who live here are all Hakkas who migrated from eastern Fujian in the great immigration tide of "Huguang filling Sichuan" before the Qing Dynasty. Hakkas are industrious and simple, cultivating land in a desolate and inaccessible land and starting businesses from generation to generation. Up to now, the ancient town still retains the Hakka dialect, appearance, feelings and customs. It is no exaggeration for some people to call Luodai the first town of Hakka.

Tanqiao Town has a long history. According to legend, the Han Dynasty became a street named Wanjing Street. In the Three Kingdoms period, Zhuge Liang, the prime minister of Shu Han, returned to the city and changed his name to Wanfu Street. Later, because the jade belt of Liu Adou, the last ruler of Shu-Han Dynasty, fell into the octagonal well near the town, it was renamed as Luodai (later evolved into Luodai). In the Tang and Song Dynasties, it belonged to Lingquan County (now Longquanyi District) of Jiangling Prefecture, and in the Ming Dynasty it was placed under Jianzhou (now Jianyang). It was renamed Zanzi Factory in Qing Dynasty. 1950, the eighth district was established in Jianyang, and the people's government of the district was stationed in Jiangxi Guild Hall in Luodai. 1955, Luodai District was the first 14 district of Jianyang, which governed 10 township. 1976 Ten communes under the jurisdiction of Luodai District were transferred to Longquan, and the district was withdrawn to build a town.

Luodai Town was built in the Three Kingdoms period, and it was named after the jade belt of Liu Chan, the last ruler of Shu Han Dynasty, fell into the octagonal well next to the town. During the Tang and Song Dynasties, it belonged to Lingquan County of Jiangling Prefecture (now Longquanyi District), ranking first among the "three towns" in Dongshan. In the Qing Dynasty, it was renamed as the mayor of the town, and it was restored to use today. It is a thousand-year-old town and a famous historical and cultural town. There are many legends and historical sites everywhere in the town. The old street in Changzhen is dominated by the architectural style of Qing Dynasty, showing the pattern of "one street and seven lanes". Guangdong, Jiangxi, Huguang and North Sichuan are the four major Hakka guilds, Hakka museums and Hakka parks, which are truly "the hometown of Hakka township guilds". More than 90% of the residents in the town are Hakkas, who still speak Hakka dialect and follow Hakka customs, and are known as "the first Hakka town in China".