Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - Introduction of Shiqiaotou Village

Introduction of Shiqiaotou Village

Shiqiaotou, formerly known as Qiaotou, is a village named Yang in Chaoshan, located in the east of Puning City, Guangdong Province. According to legend, Yang Yongdao, a native of Putian, Fujian, built a wooden bridge in the east of the village with his wife and children, and named the relocation "Qiaotou Village". Later, the wooden bridge was changed into a stone bridge, so it was renamed today. Today, the word "Qiaotou" refers to the Shiqiaotou central market in the village. Since Yang Yongdao and his son founded Qiaotou Village in Kaiji, east of Tangxi (the first year of Xuande in Ming Dynasty, namely 1426), Shiqiaotou Village has a history of 588 years. However, Yang is not the first immigrant in this village. Before Yang Yongdao moved to this base, more than ten surnames such as Hong, Ye, He, Li, Han and Huang lived in the west of Tangxi. In the old days, Shiqiaotou was divided into Shiguang (Dongxiang, belonging to Chaoyang County) and Shiming (Xixiang, belonging to Puning County) by Tangxi, a tributary of Lianjiang. 1June, 950, the two townships merged and were placed under the jurisdiction of Chaoyang county, and then under the jurisdiction of Puning county in May, 958, and now it belongs to Junbu town, Puning city, Guangdong province.