Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - Frank captain lobster restaurant
Frank captain lobster restaurant
For 35 years, dichotomy and diversity have been the definitions of Captain Frank. Customers can enjoy the sound of the nearby Cleveland Indian baseball game or watch the plane take off and land at Lake Burke Airport. Or maybe they will watch a romantic sunset; Talk to fishermen; Absorb the suspicious smell of Lake Erie; Or avoid beggars, including a man who lives outside the restaurant and calls himself "Captain Frank". The restaurant was dry for the first five years, but later customers remember that "dynamic cocktails between two classes" provided free drinks for politicians and obedient services for high school students.
Captain Frank's name is Frank Visconti and he is an immigrant from Sicily. He immigrated to the United States in 19 14, selling fish from horse-drawn carriages, and used to run the old Fulton fish market on East 22nd Street and Woodland Avenue. 1953, visconti bought an abandoned pier at the pier and turned it into one of the most famous restaurants in Cleveland. The building was burnt down in 1958, but it was reopened within one year. It flourished in the 1960s and 1970s. Beautiful lakes and mountains, waterfalls, fishing nets and often dirty lobster tanks provided families and couples with all the atmosphere they wanted. From Nelson Eddy, Judy Garland and Flip Wilson to Mott Huo Po and the Iranian King, many celebrities hold parties in the early hours of the morning (or until they are asked to leave).
The building itself actually houses several enterprises; Cleveland Seamen's Service Company has an office in the north of the restaurant, and Visconti runs a luncheon behind the restaurant. Old people still remember an "custard stand", which may actually be a lunch.
Visconti died on 1984. This restaurant limped for another five years, but the competition became more and more fierce, the food and service became more and more mediocre, and the attraction of the downtown became weaker and weaker. The new owner Rudolf Hubuka Jr. declared bankruptcy in 1989, and the building was demolished in 1994. Today, visitors to the reborn East Ninth Street Pier can experience Mexican food, volleyball, bicycle travel and boat tour. But the coastal landscape, sounds and smells in this area can still arouse people's memories of unknown fish experiences.
- Previous article:Help me introduce Puskas, a famous Hungarian football player. Thank you.
- Next article:The main contents of uncle Tom's cabin
- Related articles
- How serious is racial discrimination in Europe?
- Why did Li Chen disappear after singing A Dream of Red Mansions?
- Why is Zheng always recognized as Deng?
- A comparison between Spanish immigrants and American immigrants
- Is it difficult for Korean women to immigrate to China?
- The distance from Neijiang to Beijing on the map is only asked if there is no map, so you need it for your homework.
- Personality differences between Russians and Europeans
- Does India have money to immigrate?
- Planning of Hu Ling Expressway in Ruian City
- Immigrant village monument