Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - History and Humanity of Gaokeng Village

History and Humanity of Gaokeng Village

The residents of Gaokeng Village and Aoshuxia Village, the natural villages of Gaokeng Village, are mostly immigrants from Jianggan Village in Yong 'an Township, Gaokeng Village in Banzhong Township, Xiahuangkeng Village and Wufeng Banxiang 1958 reservoir area due to the construction of Gutianxi Reservoir, and live together with immigrants with many surnames such as Jiang, Yao, Tang, Gao and Du. Most of the natural villages in Huangkeng are surnamed Huang. Yuan, the ancestor of the Huang family, moved to Huangkeng from Bajiejing village, Yongji County, Jiangxi Province in the early Ming Dynasty, and has lived for 28 generations. There were several scholars such as Huang Dabin and Huang in Qing Dynasty.

Huangkengling Guanjian Temple is located on the bank of Cuiping Lake in Gaokeng West. It has a history of 500 to 600 years and has been listed as the protected object of Gutian Ancient Temple. Despite the vicissitudes of life, it still burns incense. After several repairs and expansions, the temple is magnificent, with vivid red walls, wood carvings and statues, attracting many tourists to worship and becoming a new tourist attraction in Cuiping Lake.

At the head of Huangkeng Village, there are two camphor trees with lush leaves, which cover more than 20 meters in an umbrella shape and are more than 10 meters long, with trunks around two people. They have been growing for hundreds of years and are listed as key protected objects of provincial ancient trees.