Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - What's the difference between Chang 'an in Tang Dynasty and the capital of Ming Dynasty?

What's the difference between Chang 'an in Tang Dynasty and the capital of Ming Dynasty?

Chang 'an City in the Tang Dynasty (called Daxing City in the Sui Dynasty) was the most magnificent capital in China's history. It is the most magnificent capital of ancient China established by Emperor Wen of Sui Dynasty, which embodies the grandeur of the unified dynasty. In order to reflect the desire to unify the world and maintain long-term stability, the city embraced the concept of harmony between time, place and people in the planning process. "Fa Tian Xiang Di" was revered by the emperor and served by hundreds of people. In order to accommodate more people, the nobles of various countries who were wiped out in the south of the Yangtze River were relocated to implement the grand plan of building the capital. The city was built before Maigu, with an area of 84 square kilometers, which was 2.4 times that of Chang 'an in Han Dynasty and 1.4 times that of Beijing in Ming and Qing Dynasties. It is 7 times larger than the capital of Byzantine kingdom in the same period and 6.2 times larger than the city of Baghdad built in 800 AD. It was one of the cities in the world at that time.

After the establishment of the Tang Dynasty, Chang 'an City in Tang Dynasty was repaired and trimmed in many ways, which made the urban layout more reasonable. The establishment of the leading Daming Palace has made the rulers of Li Tang occupy a very high and superior geographical position. Standing on the leading plain overlooking the whole city, it shows the bearing and demeanor of a generation of empires dominating the world.

Chang 'an in the Tang Dynasty was a rectangle with a slightly longer east and west and a slightly narrower north and south. According to archaeological investigation, the east-west width from Chunmingmen in the east wall to Jinguangmen in the west wall is 972 1 m (including the thickness of two city walls). The length from Mingdemen in the south wall to the east of Xuanwu Gate in the north wall is 865 1 m (including the thickness of the two walls). By contrast, the east-west length is 1070 meters, the circumference is about 35.5 kilometers, and the area is 84 square kilometers. The buildings in the city are divided into Miyagi, Imperial City and Outer Guo Cheng. Miyagi is located in the center of the north of the city, and the imperial city is in the south of Miyagi. Outside Guo Cheng, Miyagi and the imperial city spread to the southeast and southwest.

From the perspective of urban layout, planners are strict with symmetry. The connection between Chengtianmen Gate in Miyagi, Zhuque Gate in Imperial City and Mingdemen Gate in Outer Guo Cheng, namely Chengtianmen Street (also known as Tianjie Street) and Zhuque Street, is the north-south central axis, which spreads from left to right. In order to highlight the position of Central Miyagi in the north, groups of tall and majestic buildings such as Chengtianmen, Taijitang, Liangyitang, Ganlutang, Yanjiatang and Xuanwu Gate were pressed at the northern end of the central axis, showing the majesty of imperial power with its majestic momentum. Later, with the increasing number of new temples, this pattern changed.

Mingducheng

There were several capitals in the Ming Dynasty, namely Nanjing in Kyoto, Kaifeng in Beijing, Fengyang in Zhongdu and Beijing in Kyoto. Sejong also took Huguang Anlufu, the fief of his father, as its capital.

In the 16th year of Yuan Zheng Zhi (1356), Zhu Yuanzhang captured Qing Ji and changed Qing Ji Road to Yingtianfu. Twenty-four years ago, it was called the King of Wu, and the Baiguan Department was established. In August of the 26th year, Tuoba Tianfu City ordered Liu Ji and others to build the new palace of the Prince of Wu in the east of Zhongshan in the old city. The first year of Wu (1367) was completed in September. In the first year of Hongwu (1368), Zhu Yuanzhang proclaimed himself emperor and moved from his former residence in Nantai to the new palace. In March of the same year, the Ming army occupied the capital of song dynasty (now Kaifeng, Henan province) and changed it to Kaifeng. In August, Yingtianfu was designated as Nanjing and Kaifeng as Beijing. In September of two years, Zhu Yuanzhang took his hometown of Lin Hao (now Fengyang, Anhui Province) as the capital, and made its capital here. The establishment of Zhongdu was opposed by ministers. Except for the service fee, Zhongdu was closed in April of 8. After Kaifeng, it was called Beijing, and Nanjing was renamed Shi Jing, officially becoming the capital. After the Ming Emperor Judy seized the throne, in the 19th year of Yongle (142 1), it was officially changed to Nanjing as the capital and the capital.

The construction of Kyoto, Nanjing and Nanjing took 2 1 year, and was completed in Hongwu in the 19th year. Due to the limitation of topographic conditions and the need of defense, the plane of Nanjing city is irregular, long from north to south and narrow from east to west. The city is called 96 Li, and the actual measurement is about 67 Li. The height of the city wall is generally 14 to 2 1 m, the base width is 14 m, and the top width is 4 to 9 m. It is based on stone and made of special big bricks and13,616 crenels. There are thirteen gates, of which Jubao Gate is the most magnificent. There are twenty-three caves for hiding soldiers on the city wall, which can be used by three thousand soldiers. In twenty-two years, Guo Cheng was built outside the metropolitan area, saying it was 180 Li, but it was actually 120 Li. Most of them use soil according to the natural terrain, about 40 miles with bricks, and 18 doors are opened. The Waiguo city wall was destroyed in the early years, but the capital city wall still exists after 1949. The imperial city is located in the east of the city, with a square plane. And Miyagi, the Forbidden City. The imperial city is dominated by the north-south central axis, and there is a street from Hongwumen to Chengtianmen. There are five departments of courtesy, household, official, soldier and worker on the east, and five military commanders' offices on the west. According to the central axis, Miyagi has three halls, namely, Fengtian, Gai Hua, Shencan, Gan Qing and Kunning Palace, which is the place where the emperor holds ceremonies and handles state affairs and life.

There are bell tower and drum tower in the city center. Jilong Mountain and Jubao Mountain have observation decks respectively. Imperial academy, southeast of Gulou, was the highest institution of learning in China at that time. At the peak, there were 9000 tribute students and students from Japan, Korea, Ryukyu and Siam. After moving the capital, it was called "Nanjian", and there were four or five thousand gongsheng people. Xuanwu Lake is the place where all the yellow books of the Ming Dynasty are stored (see the yellow book system), and there is a warehouse on the island in the middle of the lake, which is heavily guarded.

Due to the convenient land and water transportation, vast hinterland and developed economy in surrounding areas, Nanjing's commerce and handicrafts are quite prosperous. The business district is mainly located on the banks of Qinhuai River, dealing in consumer goods such as grain, bamboo and wood, firewood, livestock, tung oil, ramie, tea, paper, etc., where merchants gather and department stores are full. Handicraft industry is famous for silk weaving, printing and shipbuilding. In addition to officials and businessmen, there are a large number of private users and machinists in the weaving industry. Many products are sold all over the country, as well as supporting industries such as pigments, printing and dyeing. Qinhuai River flows into the mouth of the Yangtze River, and there is Longjiang Shipyard, which can be used to build large ships to sail. Zheng He's navigation is based on this (see Zheng He's Sailing to the West). Many foreign envoys and businessmen go to Nanjing to preach or do business. Narraga, King of Chennai, died during his visit to Nanjing and was buried here. The mausoleum still exists today.

After Yongle moved to the capital, Nanjing became the "capital". There are still six central institutions, including Duchayuan, but most of them are idle posts that resettle the elderly, fall out of favor and despise bureaucrats, and have no real power. In the seventeenth year of Chongzhen (1644), Qing soldiers entered Beijing, and Axe King and Zhu Yousong acceded to the throne in Nanjing. The following year, the Qing army captured Nanjing, changed Tianfu to jiangning house and South Zhili to Jiangnan, and cancelled the title of Nanjing, but the people never changed.

Kaifeng, Beijing, Kaifeng, Fengyang and Zhongdu were designated as Beijing in the first year of Hongwu. Because the Song and Jin city walls were demolished in the early Yuan Dynasty, the inner and outer city walls were rebuilt. The inner city is located in the former site of the inner city of Song and Jin Dynasties, only moved westward by Xu Li. It is made of bricks, with five open doors and a moat around it. The outer city is built only of mud. Because of the difficulty of grain transportation and the depression of people's livelihood around it, Hongwu called Beijing in the eleventh year, and it is still Kaifeng House.

In the second year of Hongwu, Fengyang was built as the capital. It was originally Haozhou, and it was promoted to Fufu in the first year of Wu. Hongwu was renamed Neutral Fufu in six years and Fengyang Fufu in seven years. The old city of Zhongdu was built in full accordance with the plan. The plane is rectangular. On Saturday, the city is eleven miles away, with nine doors open and Shibashui Scenic Spot Scenic Area closed. There are two walls in the city: Forbidden Garden and Imperial City. The buildings in the Imperial City are modeled after those in Nanjing, but on a larger scale, and there are also offices of central government agencies. 1April 1988, the capital was put into use, but some projects are still going on, most of which have been completed. Later, due to long-term idleness, palaces and yamen were demolished or collapsed one after another, and after many wars, all the buildings were destroyed, leaving only ruins.

In the first year of Hongwu in Kyoto, Beijing, the Ming army captured the Yuan Dynasty and changed to Beiping County. In three years, the fourth son Judy was the prince of Yan, guarding Beiping. Since the north of the city is mostly empty, another wall was built five miles south of the original north wall in nine years. In seventeen years, the original south wall moved two miles south. After Judy seized the throne, because the Northern Yuan Dynasty still posed a threat to the Ming Dynasty, in the first year of Yongle, Beiping was changed to Shuntianfu, built as the capital, and actively prepared to move the capital. In four years, Beijing began to build a city, which was basically completed in eighteen years, and the capital was officially moved here the following year.

The plane of Kyoto in Ming Dynasty was convex, covering an area of about 25.4 square kilometers. There are nine inner cities and seven outer cities. Miyagi is located in the center of the inner city, also known as the Forbidden City. It basically follows the former site of Yuan Da Nei and is surrounded by a moat, namely Tongzi River. Miyagi takes Wumen-Xuanwu Gate as the central axis, and the first three halls are arranged in sequence as follows: Fengtian Hall (later changed to Emperor Hall), Gaihua Hall (later changed to Relay Hall) and Shenshen Temple (later changed to Polar Hall): the last three halls are Gan Qing Palace, Jiaotai Palace and Kunning Palace; The former is mainly used for holding ceremonies and important court meetings, and the latter is the place where the emperor handles daily government affairs and life. Secondary buildings are strictly symmetrically arranged on both sides. Miyagi was later artificially piled into the Long Live Mountain (now Jingshan Mountain) to suppress the "Feng Shui" of the previous dynasty, so it was also called Zhenshan. In front of Miyagi, there is a ancestral temple on the left and a social altar on the right, and an imperial city is built outside the palace. The main entrance of the imperial city is a wide avenue from Chengtianmen to Daming Gate in the south. There are five central institutions, including Li, Hu, Li, Bing and Gong, on the east, and five military governors' offices on the west. There is a commercial center between Daming Gate and Zhengyangmen in big cities, which is quite prosperous. In addition, large-scale Tiantan and Shantan (later renamed as Xiannongtan) were built in the southern suburbs, and altars, moon altars and earth altars were also built in the eastern, western and northern suburbs. The imperial city used to be an earth wall, but later it was gradually made of bricks. In the thirty-second year of Jiajing (1553), in order to strengthen Beijing's defense, Wailuocheng, which surrounded the southern suburbs, was built. Seven names are still in use today. The original plan was to build Wailuocheng on all sides, but due to poor financial resources, it was only built in the south.

From Hongwu to Yongle, hundreds of thousands of immigrants from Shanxi and Shandong moved to Beijing and its surrounding areas, moving south to enrich the people and enrich the capital. As a result, Beijing's population has greatly increased, cultivated land has expanded and agriculture has developed. Build a palace

In this process, Daxing and Wanping counties attached a large number of craftsmen recruited from all over the country, which made Beijing's handicraft industry develop in an all-round way. In order to meet the needs of Beijing's political center and cultural center, the manufacture and import of various luxury goods, handicrafts and cultural goods have also increased greatly. However, Beijing's food is not self-sufficient, and the huge consumption and military needs of the rulers make it very difficult to import a large amount of food from the south every year. At the same time, because Beijing is located in the northern part of the Ming Dynasty, it is close to the Mongolian ruling area beyond the Great Wall and the post-Jin (Qing) regime. With the decline of military power and political corruption, it was threatened by the invasion of the north for a long time, and the situation of Mongolian army and post-Jin army Enemy at the Gates appeared more often in the middle and late Ming Dynasty.

In the seventeenth year of Chongzhen (1644), the peasant uprising army of Li Zicheng entered Beijing in March, retreated on April 20th, and the Qing army entered Beijing in May. In September, Fu Lin, the ancestor of the Qing Dynasty, moved his capital from Shenyang to Beijing. The Qing dynasty followed the organizational system of the capital and palaces of the Ming dynasty, but only partially renovated and rebuilt, with few additions, and most buildings were not even renamed.