Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - The history of Liusha Town

The history of Liusha Town

About the 4th century BC to the 17th century AD, an alluvial beach was formed at the confluence of Hanma Water, the origin of Lianjiang River, and the main tributary Sankeng Water. The first batch of immigrants (from the towns around Liusha) settled in 1712. It was established in 1888. Liushaxu In early 1949, the People's Liberation Army liberated Puning and built the Puning Government Residency in Liusha in July (there were two governments in Puning at this time, the other one was the old Puning Government Residency held by the Kuomintang troops: the old county seat Hong Yang Town); after the founding of New China and the liberation of Puning, the center was not moved back to the old county town of Hongyang. Liusha Township was established in 1957. In 1958, it was merged into Nanyangshan Commune. In 1961, Liusha Commune was established. In 1983, it was changed to Liusha District. Liusha was built in 1986. The town abolished Liusha Town in December 2000, and the original jurisdiction became the main jurisdiction of the four sub-district offices of Liusha East, Liusha West, Liusha South and Liusha North.