Job Recruitment Website - Property management - History of Dezhou Section of Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal

History of Dezhou Section of Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal

Dezhou section of Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal consists of Wei Canal and South Canal, with total length of 1 and 4 1 km, of which Wei Canal is 96 km and South Canal is 45 km. It belongs to Zhangweinan canal system. There are Zhanghe River and Weihe River in the upper reaches. After the two rivers reach Xuwancang, Guantao County, Hebei Province, they are called Wei Canal, and the section from the control gate of Sinusi Water Control Project to Tianjin is called South Canal.

Dezhou Canal was originally the Hantun River and Yongji Canal in Sui Dynasty. From Yuan Dynasty 19 (1282), Zhouhe and Uighur Canal were opened, and later they were called the Grand Canal. At that time, the part from Linqing to Tianjin was called Yu He, also called Weihe River (because it belonged to Di Wei in the Spring and Autumn Period). It was just called the South Canal in the Qing Dynasty.

The Dezhou section of the canal rose in the Sui and Tang Dynasties and was seized by the Yellow River in the Northern Song Dynasty. After the diversion of the Yellow River, the Royal River was once annihilated, losing the benefits of transportation. In the Jin Dynasty, due to the war, the canal was either opened or blocked. At that time, only the Dezhou section was used for storage and transportation, so the Jin Dynasty set up a mausoleum in Dezhou in the seventh year of Tianhui (1 129) to facilitate water transportation. By the Yuan Dynasty, the Dezhou section of the canal had become the main artery of national water transport and communication between the north and the south. In the Yuan Dynasty, Cang Ling was changed to Lingzhou Warehouse, with Zhili Thief Department, Great Scholar Huachi and Supervisory Ambassador. The annual water transport capacity increased from 1.5 1.3 million stone in the 27th year of Zhiyuan (1.290) to 3.351.3 million stone in the 3rd year of Taiding (1.326), so the canal is often "green". Especially in the Ming and early Qing dynasties, the canal flourished and reached its peak. The Dezhou section of the canal transports about 4-6 million tons of southern grain to Tongzhou, becoming the throat of north-south water transport and an important place for water transport trade. At that time, there were 69 counties under the jurisdiction of Dezhou Warehouse, of which 24 counties directly transported grain into the warehouse, and the annual freight volume, turnover and throughput accounted for the first place among all ports in the canal. By the middle of the Qing Dynasty, due to the gradual rise of shipping, Qingkou, the intersection of the Yellow River, Huaihe River and Transportation, was gradually silted up, and river transportation was gradually declining. In the fifth year of Xianfeng in Qing Dynasty (1855), the Yellow River was diverted at Tongwa Room and the canal was buried. In the 28th year of Guangxu in Qing Dynasty (1902), the whole waterway transportation stopped. After entering the Republic of China, due to the development of shipping and the construction of railways, coupled with the chaos and turmoil in the political situation, the rulers' regulation and management of it became increasingly abandoned, and the Dezhou section of the canal became more and more dilapidated. At that time, the canal from southern Texas to Linqing was about 100 meters wide and the water depth was generally about 2 meters. Although the river is curved, the water potential is slow. A wooden boat has a smooth sailing load of only 20,000-30,000 Jin; The waterway from Dezhou to Tianjin can also sail steamboats with shallow draft.

After the founding of New China, the country not only repaired dikes several times a year, but also expanded the Wei Canal in 196 1 and built the Sinusi Hub. 46 river courses below Linqing were cut straight, the river course mileage was shortened by12.2km, the levee was retreated to cut the beach, and the sub-channel was enlarged, thus widening the bottom of the main channel. The expansion project produced122,800 migrant workers, completed 7.7 million man-days, completed 26.4 million cubic meters of earth and stone, and completed 87,000 cubic meters of stone. The total investment is 27.55 million yuan. 1winter of 972 and1spring of 973, the expansion and renovation project of Wei Canal started, and two construction projects in Dezhou employed 220,000 people. The underwater excavation was completed on June 20, 1973. Dezhou and Liaocheng * * * completed 55.92 million cubic meters of earthwork, 37 million man-days, and the state invested 63.6 million yuan. In addition, 1 bridge, more than 40 culverts, 12 ferry and 5 wharves have been built along the river in Dezhou section. In 1950s, Tianjin could carry out a small amount of small-scale transportation on the first line from Dezhou to Jining. In the 1960s, 300-ton barges and 100 horsepower wheels were navigable, and the annual freight volume of the Dezhou section of the canal could still reach10.255 million tons, with an annual passenger volume of 20,000 passengers. The annual freight volume and turnover volume rank first among the ports along the Yangtze River. However, due to the rapid growth of industrial and agricultural water consumption along the Yangtze River, especially after the Yuecheng Reservoir was built in the upper reaches, the shipping water source scheme gradually dried up. By the end of 1970s, shipping was forced to be interrupted due to the perennial dryness of rivers. 198 1 The establishment of the Wei Canal Dezhou Shipping Bureau was cancelled, the navigation management of the Wei Canal disappeared, and the Dezhou section of the Wei Canal became a seasonal river.