Job Recruitment Website - Recruitment portal - Shanghai Urban Church
Shanghai Urban Church
Zhabei Hall
No. 340 Baotong Road
Tel: 021-56629409
Worship times: Sunday 7:30 9:30 19:00
Shanghai Christian Zhabei Church was formerly known as "Hongkou Presbyterian Church" , was built in 1888, 115 years ago. The church was originally hosted by American Northern Presbyterian missionary John Fan and elder Chen Zhigu. In 1894, Pastor Yu Guozhen took up the pastorate and presided over the ministry for thirty years. Pastor Yu advocates for the Chinese church to be independent and free from the control of foreign churches. In 1904, believers were mobilized to donate money to build a church building on Haining Road, which was named "Hubei Haining Road Independent Presbyterian Church". In 1914, the house on Haining Road was sold and a new church was built near the Commercial Press in Baotong Road, Zhabei District, and was renamed "Zhabei Independent Presbyterian Church". In 1927, Zhabei Church was renamed as "China Christian Church Zhabei Church".
In 1927, the third armed uprising of workers in Shanghai occurred. Zhabei Church believers who worked in the Commercial Press participated in the uprising together with other employees. Young believer Chen Anfang unfortunately died while rescuing the wounded, leaving behind a boy who was only six years old. month old daughter.
In 1932, Zhabei Hall was destroyed by the artillery fire of Japanese invaders. It was rebuilt in 1936. On August 13, 1937, Zhabei Hall was destroyed again by Japanese imperialist artillery fire until it was rebuilt in 1947.
After the birth of New China, Christian believers in Zhabei Church participated in the Christian "Three-Self" patriotic movement and realized the coveted church independence. In 1958, churches from different Christian denominations in Zhabei District united. 16 churches within the territory merged into Zhabei Church, realizing the unification of Chinese churches. After ten years of turmoil, church activities were forced to cease and Zhabei Church was occupied by factories. In the second half of 1981, the church took back the Zhabei Church and reopened it in July 1982 after renovations. In October 1987, a new auditorium and office building were built. In 1996, in order to meet the religious needs of Christian believers in the Pengpu area, a branch of Zhabei Church, "Lingquan Church", was built at No. 1555 Linfen Road.
The history of Zhabei Hall for more than a hundred years has been accompanied by the rise and fall of the country and the nation, and is closely related to the destiny of the country and the nation.
Huxi Chapel
No. 1465 Changning Road
Telephone :021-62597389 62736323
Worship time: Sunday 7:30 9:30 19:00
1921 ( In the 10th year of the Republic of China) Ni Guizhen (the mother of Soong Ching Ling) and others established the Huxi Mission in Beixinjing. In the 16th year of the Republic of China, it was moved to Zhoujiaqiao Triangle Field and named Huxi Jesus Church of God. In the 29th year of the Republic of China, a church was built on Baili South Road (now No. 1465 Changning Road) and was renamed Huxi Chapel in December 1982.
Qingxintang
No. 30 Tai Cheong Street
Tel: 021-63770874
Worship times: Sunday 7:30 9:30 19:00
In the 10th year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1860), the place was formerly known as Shanghai Presbyterian Church No. 1, and its founding address was at the home of Pastor Lou Jia Bang. In 1919, believers donated money to purchase land on Dachang Street to build a new church, which took four years to complete. The lobby building of this church is very unique, shaped like a folding fan. The main entrance is in the middle of the lobby, with open-air escalators on both sides. You can go up the stairs from the east and north sides to the platform on the main entrance hall and enter the wing buildings on both sides. Downstairs in the lobby, the distance from the main entrance to the altar is short, while the two wings extend to the left and right at right angles. There is no pillar upstairs or downstairs. It is spacious and bright, and the entire hall can accommodate thousands of people. It is said that the layout of the lobby was so that when the Qingxin Boys' and Girls' Middle School attended services, they would sit in separate compartments, with the adult believers sitting in the middle. This would make it difficult for the boys and girls to separate and look at each other.
International Chapel
No. 53, Hengshan Road
p>
021-64376576
Worship time: 7:30 10:30 19:00
International Chapel It covers an area of ??7330 square meters, with a construction area of ??1763 square meters and a hall height of 16 meters. It was built by Jiang Yuji Construction Factory. It has an L-shaped plane and a brick and wood structure. The lobby can accommodate 700 people. The church is connected to a three-story building on the left. The lobby roof has steep slopes on both sides and is paved with slate tiles. The exterior wall is made of red bricks and has coupon-shaped doublet stained glass windows with Gothic style. In the middle of the lobby is the altar, with two-story gallery halls on both sides. Next to the lobby is a fake three-story building with offices on the ground floor, a nursery room on the second floor, and a chapel on the third floor for children or a small number of people to worship. All walkways are paved with terrazzo floors. This church is fully equipped and heated, and the total construction cost is US$33,000
Starting in 1923, some American expatriates who loved singing and worshiping raised funds to purchase the land of Meitong Public School on Petain Road (today’s No. 53 Hengshan Road) 11 The church was built on acres of land and completed in 1925. Because the believers come from different denominations, it is called the International Chapel.
All Saints Church
No. 425, Fuxing Middle Road
021 -63850906
Sunday 7:00 9:30
Located at No. 425 Fuxing Middle Road. It was built in the 14th year of the Republic of China (1925). All Saints' Church is built in the style of a 17th-century Anglican High School church, with red bricks, a triangular roof, concrete sculpture doorposts, a circular rose window on the porch, and a square tower in the northwest corner, with 63 steps. The church covers an area of ??1,326 square meters. The lobby can accommodate 500 people and the chapel with an attached room can accommodate 1,000 people.
Since 1985, the church has held a special service for the blind on the afternoon of the fourth Sunday of every month. Blind Christians from all over the city come from all over to participate.
Jinglingtang
No. 135, Kunshan Road
021- 63243021 63642629
Sunday 7:00 9:30 19:00
No. 135, Kunshan Road, formerly known as Jinglin Hall. It was named in memory of American missionary Lin Lezhi. The church faces south and faces north. The original building area was 720 square meters, which was expanded to 811 square meters in 1983. There are 2 and 3 floors each. The main building has three floors. The church was built in 1923 and is called Jinglin Hall.
After Lin left in 1924, Pastor Jiang presided over it. Song Yaoru, the father of Song Qingling, once served as a pastor here. During the "Cultural Revolution" in 1966, the church ceased activities and the interior of the church was damaged. Religious activities resumed in 1979. First, the Hubei Synagogue was used as the Hongkou District United Christian Church. However, due to the crowded space, it was moved here in 1980. In 1981, it was renamed Jingling Hall.
Hongde Hall
No. 59, Duolun Road, Hongkou District
1928
Located at No. 59 Duolun Road. Founded in 1928. The building area is 700 square meters. The main building faces south and faces north, with three floors. The fourth floor is the Ming Bell Tower. The whole building has a Chinese temple style. It is rare among Christian church buildings.
The church belongs to the Christian Presbyterian Church. Its construction funds were mainly donated by Chinese believers, and part of the funds were supported by American missionary Fei Qihong. In memory of Fei Qihong, the church was named "Hongde Hall".
Hudong Hall
Lane 51, Lane 486, Ningguo Road No.
021-65433326
Sunday 7:00 9:30 19:00 Saturday 7:00
The Christian Hudong Church was built in 1912. In 1958, joint worship was implemented. The gatherings were forced to stop during the Cultural Revolution. It reopened on Christmas Day 1982 and resumed services.
The original Hudong Hall covers an area of ??more than 400 square meters; it can only accommodate more than 400 people at a time. As the number of believers increases year by year, it can no longer meet the needs of more than 5,000 believers in the area for gatherings. With the concern and support of the Yangpu District Government, 3 acres of land were allocated for reconstruction at the Zhengli intersection of Guohe Road in Wujiaochang. The foundation stone of the new church was laid on October 25, 1996, and a dedication service and dedication ceremony were held on December 22, 1997.
Hudong New Church can accommodate 1,800 believers at a time, with a total construction area of ??237O square meters. The main hall is 24 meters high, with eight floors of bells and 42 meters high. It is tall and solemn.
The Hudong New Church was completed. It is the largest church built since the liberation of Shanghai. The funds for building the church were all donated by believers. It adheres to the principles of autonomy, self-support and self-propagation, and is independent and independent. Another testimony of self-organized churches.
Huaien Hall
No. 375, Shaanxi North Road
021-62539394 62585598
Sunday 9:00 19:00 Saturday 9:00
Located at the intersection of Shaanxi North Road and Beijing. Founded in 1910, Hua En Tang Amateur Theological Seminary was merged into China Spiritual Theological Seminary in 1955. It is a joint Christian place of worship in the area. It covers an area of ??2,200 square meters and a building area of ??1,840 square meters. It was founded in the second year of Xuantong in the Qing Dynasty by Le Lingsheng, an American Southern Baptist missionary. The church has been renovated and has a new look. The lobby consists of a 3-story building and a 2-story building. There is a towering bell tower in the southeast corner and a chapel. The live worship service in the lobby is transmitted to each chapel through closed-circuit phones. It can accommodate more than 2,000 people during worship, making it one of the churches with the largest capacity among all Christian churches in Shanghai.
Xin'en Church, located at No. 25 Urumqi North Road, is a branch of Huai'en Church. It covers an area of ??2.71 acres, is surrounded by walls, and has a construction area of ??955 square meters. The church was built in 1939 AD (the 28th year of the Republic of China) by British missionaries of the Inland Mission. The church holds Cantonese services every Sunday afternoon, and Cantonese believers are welcome to attend.
Muentang
No. 316, Tibet Middle Road
021- 63225069
Sunday 7:30 9:30 14:00 19:00 Saturday 9:00 Thursday 9:30
In 1929, the Supervisory Committee started construction of a new hall on the original site of the Chinese and Western Girls' School. It was designed by the famous architect Hudec. It covers an area of ??1,347 square meters and a building area of ??3,138.5 square meters. It was completed in 1931. The church is a mixed structure of brick and wood, with a B8-shaped plane. The main body is the lobby, facing west, with the main door facing Tibet Middle Road. There are three-story buildings in each of the four corners, and a tower in the southwest corner. There are cloisters on both sides and in front of the main hall, with a building above the cloister for the choir. The top and surrounding doors and windows in the lobby are all pointed arches, the pillars are rectangular, and the railings are all carved with fake stones. The lobby has stained glass windows inlaid with lead strips, which contain stories about characters from the Bible. The main color is yellow. When the sky is cloudy, it seems that a faint sunlight shines through, adding to the mysterious atmosphere inside the hall. The foyer is larger, with a small hall on the upper floor, and the floor of the foyer is paved with mosaics. The exterior is American Academy Revival Gothic, with red brick walls and corner stones.
Puan Hall
No. 1907, Zhongshan North Road
021-62146562
Sunday 7:00 9:30
Puan Hall will be demolished in the old hall After 5 years, the new church was finally completed and put into use, and a dedication ceremony was held on July 21. The new church of Pu'an Church is the first church with modern facilities in Shanghai, with a construction area of ??about 2,000 square meters. Its appearance symbolizes Noah's Ark, and its interior decoration is rich. It is modern and equipped with central air conditioning and closed-circuit television broadcasting equipment. The second floor is the lobby. The first and third floors can watch the live broadcast through live projection. There are public Bibles and hymns behind each seat.
The old Pu'an Church was built in 1948 and was the church with the worst facilities in Shanghai. In 1999, it was demolished during the renovation of the poor village on Zhongshan North Road and was later turned into a temporary gathering place. Due to various reasons, the new church has never been built. After being able to start construction, the meeting location was changed five times. On July 21, 2003, the new church was officially started and completed after one year of construction.
Holy Trinity Church
Jiangxi Middle Road, Jiujiang Road, Huangpu District (not open)
1869
"The red wall is faintly seen in the clouds, the palace is made of glass and gold, the uncle's intestines are broken, and the whale bells bump against each other. The wind blows flowers, the embroidery courtyard is full of fragrance, worship is today , all have their own tricks."
This poem is composed of the word "Bodhisattva Man", which was written by Wu Youru, a famous painter in the late Qing Dynasty, for his painting "Red Chapel". The church mentioned in the poem was originally called Holy Trinity Church. It was the largest and most gorgeous Christian church in Shanghai in its early days.
After Shanghai opened as a port, British people came to Shanghai one after another, including about a hundred Christian believers. They had to go to the British Consulate every week for worship, which was very inconvenient for them. In 1847, a British businessman named Bell bought a piece of land on Jiangxi Road and Hankou Road in the name of his company and funded 6,000 yuan to build a church. However, the quality of the building was poor. At the same time, Luther, the first pastor, drowned and his successor, Hao Berson, built a church from the roof. It was turned down and hit by a storm in the third year. Although 5,000 yuan was spent on major repairs, everyone still believed that the church was unsafe and unlucky, so it was demolished and rebuilt in 1862. It was designed by Scott, an expert in Gothic church architecture. The design was very particular, but due to lack of funds, Kedner, a designer based in Shanghai, was asked to make modifications.
The Red Chapel was built by the Christian Stabilization Society (also known as the Rules Society in Shanghai) and was specially used for British worship. Its appearance is in the British Gothic style. The foundation stone was laid on May 24, 1866, and it was built by Fanhan Company. On that day, the British Consul in Shanghai Wen Jiester, Chairman of the Association Pike, the director, treasurer and two designers all participated in the groundbreaking ceremony. A band composed of sailors from the British Volunteer Corps and sailors also came to join in the fun. The scene was very lively. In 1875, the Red Chapel was upgraded to the Anglican Beihua Diocese Cathedral. In 1893, a spire-style bell tower was added to the left side of the church lobby, making the entire church more majestic and famous throughout the Far East.
Central City
Huangpu District:
No. 316, Muentang Tibet Middle Road
No. 30, Dachang Street, Qingxintang
Hongkou District:
p>
No. 135, Kunshan Road, Jinglingtang
No. 59, Duolun Road, Hongdetang
Zhabei District:
No. 340, Tangbaotong Road, Zhabei
p>
No. 1555, Linfen Road, Lingquan Hall
Jing’an District:
No. 375, Shaanxi North Road, Huaen Hall
No. 25, Urumqi North Road, Xinen Hall
Yangpu District:
No. 350, Guohe Road, Hudongtang
Luwan District:
No. 425, Fuxing Middle Road, All Saints Church
No. 38, Xujiahui Road, Huizhongtang
Changning District:
No. 1465, Changning Road, Huxitang
No. 74, Beizhai Road, Xinjingtang
Putuo District:
No. 1907, Puantang Zhongshan North Road
No. 176, Village 6, Luyang Road, Taopu Town, Taoputang
Xuhui District:
No. 53, Hengshan Road, International Hall
p>
Non-central urban area
Pudong New Area:
No. 518, Pudong Gospel Hall Pudong Circuit
No. 38, Southeast New Village, Hong Entang
No. 552, East Land Road, Zhu Entang
Ling'en Hall, No. 4, Lane 69, Gaoqiao Shijia Street
Tian'en Hall, No. 134, Sanzaobang Road, Chuansha
Group 6, Deng Town No. 2 Village, Jesus Church Airport Town, Deng Town
No. 439, Yaohua Road, Jiuen Church
Trinity No. 290, Puxing Road, Southwest, Tangsanlin Town
Minhang District:
Minhang Gospel Church No. 245 East, Huaning Road, Youyou Village, Maqiao Town
Beiqiao Jesus Church No. 1500, Beiwu Road, Beiqiao Town
Wujing Gospel Church No. 5330, Wujinglongwu Road
Luhui Jesus Church Luhui Zhenlaojie
Zhaolou Gospel Hall, Tingzi Village, Zhuyuan Road, Duhang Town
Chenhang Jesus Church, Chenheng Road, Pujiang Town
Baoshan District:
No. 3, Haijiang Road, Wusongtang (temporary)
<
/p>
No. 5, Lane 510, Yangtai Road, Yangxing Town, Yangxingtang
No. 12, Lane 21, Xin Street, Yuepu Town, Yuepu Hall
No. 63, Xijiejing Village, Luodian Town, Luodian Jesus Church
No. 297, Shaoshaoancun Road, Dachang Town, Dachangtang
No. 7, Sitang No. 1 Village, Shi'entang, Sitang
No. 177, Xingfu Road, Fengchan Village, Changxing Township, Feng'en Hall
Suburban counties (part)
Jiading District:
p>
No. 432, Qinghe Road, Jiading Town, Shanmu Church
Qingpu District:
South of Puhuitang Bridge, Qingsong Road, Qingpu Town, Qingpu Town
Songjiang District:
Songjiang Yongentang West side of the building materials market, Yongfeng Road, Songjiang Town
Jinshan District:
No. 1 Andong Road, Zhangyan Jesus Church, Zhangyan Town
Nanhui District:
Huinan Jesus Church, No. 12, Chengdong Road, Huinan Town
Fengxian District:
Nanqiao Jesus Church, South Bridge Shuguang Village New Bus Station East
Chongming County:
In Xiaogang Village, Chengqiao Town, Chongzhutang
blueday | Published on 2005-03-22 13:27:00 [Reply]
Also: Sitang Shi'en Hall No. 7, Sitang No. 1 Village, first session at 8:00, second session at 19:00
- Previous article:Who knows Shaanxi Hande Axle? What about this company?
- Next article:How about Zhenjiang Wanxin Optical Glasses Co., Ltd.?
- Related articles
- What is tested in the professional skills test in the art teacher recruitment interview? Preaching? Or painting?
- Where is the best place for tourism majors to find internships?
- Is Qingdao Yonglong Technology good?
- How about working at Good News Bird?
- What is the investment manager of Michelle Ice City?
- 2022 bonus points policy for medical institutions in Kaifeng City, Henan Province
- When will Zhuhai Cross Gate Fahua Shangdu Haihui open?
- Which brand is more secure for Guangzhou Automobile Beauty Car Wash Chain Store to join?
- How about Xi'an Machinery Industry Survey and Design Institute?
- Where does the shuttle bus stop at Fuyang West Railway Station?