Job Recruitment Website - Recruitment portal - Dongshi Town Dongshi Ancient Town

Dongshi Town Dongshi Ancient Town

Dongshi, formerly known as Dongtankou, has been a famous city where merchants gather since ancient times. After gradually forming a commercial port, it evolved into Dongshi, with a history of 1800 years. During the Ming and Qing dynasties, there were four streets in the market town, three straight streets from east to west, namely main street, river street and back street, and there was a horizontal street at the west end of the main street. According to the Records of Zhijiang County in the Five Years of Tongzhi in Qing Dynasty (1866), "The residents are dense, half of them are in Yicheng, and merchants gather in all directions." Today, the old main street in Dongshi still retains traditional houses, shops and workshops, as well as historical sites in the Ming and Qing Dynasties. The east city of Guzhen is "half in Yicheng, where merchants gather". It is also a military site, a religious shrine and an economic center. After the Opium War, the United States, Britain, Japan and other countries also set up stores here, and the town became an important commodity distribution center in western Hubei. In the heyday of Ming and Qing dynasties, there were more than 300 brands in the market town, and 1000 donkeys took to the streets to deliver goods, with an annual turnover of more than 30 million yuan in cash. The prosperity of logistics makes business and land transportation very busy, and also promotes the development of handicraft workshops. Its main industries are whole rice, oil pressing, bean crisp food, sauce garden and other grain processing; Cotton processing includes ginning, elastic cotton, spinning, weaving, trampling (meaning trampling) dyeing and so on. Engaged in metal products processing, such as gold, silver, copper, iron, tin, ice iron (that is, white iron) casting; In addition, there are workshops that produce straw, incense burner, square bucket paper and brown hemp rope. There are as many as 50 industries and hundreds of products in this town.

Store list:

1, "Songlanxin" crispy sauce garden workshop. During the light years of the Qing Dynasty, Cai, a native of Shaoxing, Zhejiang Province, made tofu in Dongshi, and developed crispy food processing after opening a sauce garden. In the tenth year of Xianfeng (1860), his son Cai Baolian founded the brand of "Songlanxin", with more than 100 employees, producing more than 70 kinds of crispy food. Twenty years after the Republic of China (193 1), Lan Song became the head office and developed "victory" and "virtue". Known as "a street in the East City is full of pines and orchids", its "Lan Song" brand white crisp candy is exported to Jiangkou, Shashi, Chongqing and other places, which is very popular.

2. Xiangtai Publishing House. In the 21st year of Guangxu (1895), He Li Ji set up a press mill in Dongshi, which was later transferred to Zhengheyi. In 27 years of the Republic of China (1938), it was transferred to Li mingsan for operation, and the brand name was Xiangtai Squeezing Factory. Mainly cotton oil, vegetable oil and a small amount of sesame oil. 1940, the daily output of sesame oil reached a record of 300 kg. At that time, there were 20 workers, 2 drums, 1 mill weight, 5 buffaloes, 5 stone mills and 3 steaming and frying pans, which were operated until 1950. The factory building is on the east side of Dongshi Jitou, and there is no trace. The business facade is at No.2 Laozheng Street.

3. Jin Daxing Silver Store, which has been in operation for 38 years in the Republic of China, is one of the five largest silver stores in Dong City. Mainly processing and selling finished products with supplied materials, including earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces and women's accessories. 59 old main street.

4. The bean cooperative rented its 200-square-meter house at 1954 and set up a cooperative bean cooperative group. 10 set of stone mills, 9 animals and 4 sets of press frames; Now it is a daily chemical factory.

5. Li Chuanxi's coppersmith shop, which was operated before liberation in the 29th year of the Republic of China (1940). Taking his daughter as an apprentice, he mainly uses imported materials for processing and also sells in rural areas. The main products are: tea tray, washbasin, cigarette holder, handle ring, spoon, rice spoon, key and so on. There is a house in Luo Xinji, next to Rao Jiaxiang and Ma Yongfa. 36 old main street.

6. Rohing House.

7. Xiecheng Textile Factory, according to the records of Zhijiang County in the fifth year of Tongzhi in the Qing Dynasty (1866): "Listening to the spinning sound of looms at midnight, Jia people buy more flowers in Sichuan than in Dongshi and Jiangkou, which is called Chu Mian, and cloth is like this." Xiecheng Textile Factory is one of the three textile factories opened in Dongshi in 14 years of the Republic of China, and later changed its facade to "Lu Yongtai" silk and satin shop.

8. Liu Changxing Dyeing House, with 33 vats in 28 years of the Republic of China, dyed blue-gray cloth14,000 pieces annually, with an output value of more than 60,000 yuan; 46 laozheng street.

9. Liu Bishan's pedal workshop at Laozheng Street 190.

Scofield Leather Silk Shop, No.47 Laozheng Street 10.

1 1, Mobil foreign firm, Mobil foreign firm, opened in Guangxu thirty-three years (1907), cooperated with Americans of Mobil foreign firm to buy US dollars, and cooperated with China operator Zhang Xianyi; 80 laozheng street.

12, Datong Ocean Company or Datong Ocean Company, operating in Zhang Yunsheng, the business is booming. In 22 years of the Republic of China alone, it sold 160 tons of foreign (coal) oil at 80 Laozheng Street.

13, Asia foreign firm, operated by Huang Xizhou kerosene (British stock). There was a cloth village in the 36th year of the Republic of China (1947), and its brand was competitive in the market. Laozheng Street 100.

14, "Changdefu" Buzhuang, in the thirty-sixth year of the Republic of China, Sandao inherited his father's business, opened Buzhuang and created a brand. Laozheng Street 129.

15, Da Maolian, Da Maoming Flower Shop. Da Maolian, Da Maoming Flower Shop. In the eighth year of the Republic of China, the commodity circulation has reached the scale of thousands of tons of cotton. Laozheng Street goes to the street.

16, Chunmaoyi, Chunmaohe Chinese Medicine Shop, Laozheng Street, Zhangying.

17, "Tongshun" grocery store in Laozheng Street operated by Li Tongshun.

18, Yan Baoliang Mihang, 184 Laojie.

Laozheng Street 188 Huang Xi Neng Non-staple Food Store 19.

20. Hong Shang firm. Font size was founded by Yuan (Zi) in Hongchang Midtown at the end of19th century. At the beginning of the 20th century, there were eight shops in dongshi town, including Qianzhuang, Buzhuang, Dyeing House, Cao Fang, Sugar House, Flower Shop and Mobil Kerosene Store. In dongshi town, there was a saying that "red" half a street. Shuifu Temple in Dongshi Ancient Town was founded in Ming Dynasty. It was built with donations from Dongshi 108 Commercial Firm, dedicated to the water god Bi Gong, and has now become a key cultural relic protection unit in Hubei Province. According to legend, the ferryman helped Zhu Yuanzhang destroy Chen Youliang, and Zhu Yuanzhang built a temple by the river to offer sacrifices. Shuifu Temple in Dongcheng has the inscription "Dong Youzai's hometown, a corps commander in Zhang Jun in the later Han Dynasty". Shuifu Temple, an ancient temple with a history of more than 300 years, has become another beautiful scenery of Dongshi ancient town. For a long time, the Dong people have always attached great importance to the protection of the original appearance of traditional houses and historical blocks. Zhijiang Municipal Party Committee, Municipal Government and Cultural Department are investing in the maintenance of the ancient town, and are determined to do a good job in applying for the second batch of "China Famous Historical and Cultural Towns".