Job Recruitment Website - Recruitment portal - History of Sanjiang Normal School
History of Sanjiang Normal School
190 1 year, forced by the internal and external situation, the Qing court ordered all provinces to change academies into schools. The following year, imperial academy's constitution was promulgated, which divided school education into primary, secondary and higher education, forming a relatively complete and systematic education system.
At that time, Liu Kunyi, the governor of Liangjiang, and Zhang Zhidong and Sheng Xuanhuai, the governors of Huguang at that time, formed a "Southeast Mutual Insurance" alliance. 190 1 in July, 2008, Zhang Zhidong and Zhang Zhidong played "Three Sparses in the Governor's Meeting of Huguang and Liangjiang" (known as "Three Sparses in Reform" in history). Put forward four items of "cultivating talents to promote learning": "First, set up military culture schools; Second, change the liberal arts as appropriate; Third, stop fighting; Fourth, reward study tour. " (Historians believe that "three sparse reforms" is actually "the implementation outline of the New Deal in the late Qing Dynasty").
1On May 8th, 902, Liu Kunyi invited Jiangsu scholars, celebrities Zhang Jian, Miao and Luo Zhenyu to discuss the establishment of schools, and reached an understanding that the main difficulty in promoting learning and cultivating talents is the shortage of teachers and funds, and the establishment of higher normal schools can not only train teachers for schools at all levels, but also "save half of the funds for running higher normal schools". In a letter to Zhang Zhidong that day, Liu Kunyi reported the process of this discussion and thought that the development of knowledge "should start with normal schools".
On May 1902 and 15, Liu Kunyi gave a lecture on the establishment of jiangnan province School together with the Governor of Jiangsu Province. On May 30th, he gave another speech on the preparation of the school, petitioning to build three other schools besides the original navy school, Lu school and Gezhi school. That is, Zheng Wen College in the south of the Yangtze River was changed into a primary school hall, and Zhongshan College was changed into a middle school, "both of which were appropriately increased at the original site"; However, provincial universities "teach specialized knowledge" and "the scale must be grand in order to obtain the talents under training", so they "hired Miao, the editor and editor of Hanlin Academy, as the chief teacher" (note: Miao was hired as the "chief teacher" of Jiangning University, not the "chief teacher" of normal school. ), "find a way to raise funds for site construction and build one after another." The memorial stated the idea of running schools step by step and attaching importance to textbooks and teachers, and said: "Normal schools have been set up, and those who are flooded with middle schools and have good moral character will be given arithmetic, drawing and other things, and diplomas will be issued after their completion, so that they can teach in primary schools."
After Liu Kunyi's death, Zhang Zhidong succeeded the Governor of Liangjiang, playing "Folding the establishment of Sanjiang Normal School" and advocating that "setting up a big normal school first is the overall educational program". He also drew up a specific plan for running a school, and set up the Liangjiang Academic Affairs Office in the Governor's Office to plan and manage the school. At the same time, Miao, editor of the Hanlin Academy, was ordered to visit Japan for education, and then Miao was hired as the chief inspector of Sanjiang Normal School, responsible for the preparation of Sanjiang Normal School.
There are two views on the reason why the school was named "Sanjiang":
One view is that Nanjing was the residence of the Governor of Liangjiang at that time, and the three provinces under the jurisdiction of the Governor of Liangjiang were all in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, that is, the ancient "Yangzhou" area. So "Sanjiang" means "southeast", so it was named Sanjiang Normal University, which not only maintained the ancient style, but also took care of the places under the jurisdiction of the Governor of Liangjiang. (According to legend, Dayu controls water, which is divided into Ji, Yan, Qing, Xu, Yang, Jing, Yu, Liang and Yong Jiuzhou, while "Yangzhou is in the southeast"; "Book Gong Yu" and "Yangzhou" record: "When the Three Rivers enter, the earthquake will be fixed." ; "Li Zhou Zhi Fang" and "Yangzhou" also said: "Its rivers are three rivers." Probably refers to the criss-crossing rivers and water networks in the southeast. )
Another view is that Anhui once belonged to jiangnan province in history, and "Sanjiang" refers to the abbreviations of Jiangsu (or Jiangning), Jiangnan and Jiangxi provinces. The first section of the first chapter of the articles of association of Sanjiang Normal School says: "This school is called Sanjiang Normal School, which is a public school in Jiangsu, Anhui and Jiangxi provinces." Perhaps this is the origin of the name "Sanjiang". 1902,165438+1October 8 (Guangxu 281October 9) to1March 20, 903 (February 22, Guangxu 29), Zhang Zhidong was once again called as the agent of the two rivers. The establishment of Sanjiang Normal School was his greatest achievement in less than four and a half months as an agent for the second time.
(1) set out to build Sanjiang. Zhang Zhidong arrived in Jiangning on June 5th 1902 and 165438, taking Zhongshan Academy as the pavilion. On the ninth day, I took over the printing of the governor of Liangjiang. Zhang Zhidong expounded the consideration that "there are many aspects of the New Deal, and it is urgent to train civil and military talents" in "Thanks for Going to the Two Rivers Department".
(2) The establishment of Liangjiang Academic Affairs Office. In order to better carry out the affairs of promoting learning, especially to speed up the establishment of Sanjiang Normal School, Zhang Zhidong invited the establishment of Liangjiang Academic Affairs Office on February 1902 to "supervise the school affairs of the whole province". The general office of the Academic Affairs Office is responsible for the observation of Governor Hu of Jiang 'an, and the deputy office is responsible for the observation of the records of the Banking Bureau and the observation of Lu Paiyu. Zhang Zhidong appointed an official of Jiangning Bureau as the deputy general office of the Academic Affairs Office to raise funds from the Bureau to support the establishment of Sanjiang.
(3) Please create three rivers. 1February 5, 903 (the eighth day of the 29th month of Guangxu), Zhang Zhidong formally invited the establishment of Sanjiang Normal School. Zhang Zhidong's "Folding the Establishment of Sanjiang Normal School" has a clear meaning at the beginning, reiterating the view that "normal school is the place where education is built, and the relationship is particularly important", emphasizing that the establishment of education must "explore its source" and grasp its order. "In front of the Arctic Pavilion in Jiangning provincial capital, the address was assigned and Sanjiang Normal School was established. All people from Jiangsu, Anhui and Jiangxi provinces must go to school. " The memorial elaborated its reasons, significance, articles of association, educational system, number of students, source and composition of teachers, school funds and financing channels in detail.
(4) Hu Jun, Dean of Hubei Normal University, was specially transferred to participate in the preparation. Hu Jun, a graduate of Hubei Hunan College, was ordered by Zhang Zhidong to visit Japan twice for education and had a profound understanding of Japanese normal education. Zhang Zhidong transferred Hu to participate in the preparation of Sanjiang Normal School and asked him to imitate Imperial University in Tokyo, Japan, "with fine painting style, detailed articles of association and complete and legal overall academic system".
⑤ Send Miao and others to visit Japan. At the end of 1902, Zhang Zhidong ordered Miao, Xu Naichang and Liu Yizhi to go to Japan for education. Miao and others have made a lot of preparations for this inspection. They set out in February of 1903 and were recalled to Jiangning by the new governor Wei Guangtao in April of10/. This investigation is mainly used for the construction and development of Sanjiang Normal School to learn from the successful experience of Japanese normal education. Shortly after returning from the inspection, Miao was appointed as the chief inspector of Sanjiang, Xu Naichang was appointed as the general manager of Sanjiang in 1905, and Yizhi Liu was hired as a teacher of Sanjiang in June1903.
(6) Hire a Japanese teacher. Zhang Zhidong advocated the Japanese educational system and thought formed after the Meiji Restoration. He not only advocated staying in Japan, but also directly recruited talents from abroad and hired teachers or consultants from Japan. Since 1898, we have established contact with Japan East Asian Literature Association and hired 24 Japanese teachers and consultants to teach in various schools in Hubei. 1903 18 10/8 (that is, before the opening of Sanjiang Normal School 18), Zhang Zhidong wrote to Jin Weiwenkun, president of Japanese East Asian Literature Association, and Hu Mei, vice president of Changgang, saying that "Jinling plans to set up Sanjiang Normal School" and "it plans to set up Sanjiang Normal School". Zhang Zhidong asked Jin Wei and others to look for people who are diligent, well-behaved and have educational experience and experience, and asked to "come to Jinling in the first half of the first month" in order to "exchange knowledge" with teachers in China. After correspondence, the guards sent Gen Jinyi, the secretary-general of the Association of Hometown Association who was in Shanghai at that time, to Nanjing to "talk about the recruitment of teachers in Sanjiang Normal School in detail" with Zhang Zhidong, and arrived in Nanjing in June with three representatives appointed by Zhang Zhidong: Yu Mingzhen (General Affairs and Academic Affairs Office of Jiangnan Lushi School), Yang Jingui (General Affairs and Academic Affairs Office of Sanjiang Normal School) and Liu (General Affairs and Academic Affairs Office of Sanjiang Normal School). The twelve clauses of the agreement stipulate the number of people, duration, subjects, class hours, salary, Sichuan funds, medical expenses and other matters in Japanese teaching.
(7) Recruit China to teach. Zhang Zhidong showed a little news, asking the officials and gentry of the provinces under the jurisdiction of the two rivers to sponsor those who are excellent in character and learning, pay tribute and raise children. After passing the examinations, 50 students were admitted to "learn from each other for one year" and then taught self-cultivation, history, geography, literature, mathematics and gymnastics respectively. It was originally planned to collect all the materials on the twentieth day of the first month. However, due to the late letters from Anhui and Jiangxi, it was postponed to the sixth day of February. Zhang Zhidong originally planned to "take the examination of Hiram's Hospital in person", but later he was unable to take the examination of the two places because of something important, so he asked Li Mihuan and others from Jiangning Fantai to take the examination instead. Re-examination on the tenth day will be announced on the eighteenth. Of the 370 candidates, only 20 were admitted, including Chongpu and Cheng Lin. Zhang Zhidong believes that "it is difficult to know the quality of the exam only by words." Therefore, officials of the Academic Affairs Office of Liangjiang were required to interview candidates who passed the re-examination on March1903 (February 20th), "test their remarks one by one and take them away after verification". Even if the shift will be over in two days, he is still not careless, which shows that Zhang Zhidong attaches importance to and is strict with the selection of Sanjiang Normal School.
(8) Active jiangning house Department. In Zhang Zhidong's "Folding the Establishment of Sanjiang Normal School", Ceng Yun said: "Before the school is built, the office space is temporarily borrowed." 1903 In March, Sanjiang Normal School opened in Jiangning Housing Department. Zhang Zhidong attended the opening ceremony and took photos with relevant personnel. (Right: This photo provided by Professor Duan Xizhong of Nanjing Normal University was first published in 1982 Selected Historical Materials of Nanjing University. It is the earliest visible photo about Sanjiang Normal School, and it is precious. )
1on March 20th, 903, Zhang Zhidong "unblocked the two rivers" 2 1 on March 20th, 2003, he "set out for Hubei and went north via Hankou". Zhang Zhidong and Wei Guangtao handed over the customs seal and Wang Mingqi on March 20th, 2003. Later, the two governors took photos with relevant officials, including officials from Liangjiang Academic Affairs Office and Sanjiang Normal School. Six days later, Wei Guangtao went to Xiajiang Kaobang to take the screening test of Zunjing School. However, due to Wei Guangtao's "need to visit Sanjiang Normal School", he was ordered to drive back to the shaft after writing the questions. Wei Guangtao visited Sanjiang for the first time.
(1) Continue teaching. Sanjiang recruited China for the first time, but only 20 people were admitted, which failed to reach the full quota. Therefore, Wei Guangtao ordered the Liangjiang Academic Affairs Office to issue an imperial edict, instructing all states and counties to sponsor again, and gathered in Jiangning at the end of April. "Take the exam again, so it is fair and just." * * * Participated in three re-examinations, including 50 students including Lei Heng and 20 students admitted by Zhang Zhidong during his tenure, making 70 students.
(2) Appoint the chief Chinese teacher. Sanjiang Language General Education originally planned to hire Fan Kentang, a juren from Tongzhou. Because Fan had another job, Wei Guangtao hired Wu Yi, a Hunan Jinshi, who was appointed by Liangjiang Academic Affairs Office.
(3) Start school another day and "exchange knowledge" between China and Japan. 1In June, 903, 1 1 Japanese teachers hired by Sanjiang, including Kenjiro Kikuchi, all arrived in Ningpo. On June 19, Yang Jingui, general manager of Sanjiang Normal School, held the "Working Conference on Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language". In addition to clarifying that Japanese teaching and Japanese teaching undertake their own courses, it is also determined that Chinese and Japanese teaching and learning are called "schoolmates" each other. On June 25th, 1903, Sanjiang Normal School started. Since there is no enrollment this year, the so-called "opening school", that is, "Chinese and foreign teaching", helps each other and exchanges knowledge. That is, Japanese teachers study China language, literature and Confucian classics under the guidance of China; Teacher China learns Japanese, physics and chemistry, pictures and so on from Japanese teachers. Its purpose is as stated in Zhang Zhidong's "Folding and Founding Sanjiang Normal School": "After one year, the school made China learn oriental languages, oriental characters, physics and chemistry, pictures and so on. And oriental language teaching can also teach students in Chinese, so it is safe to ask questions. " At this time, if normal students are enrolled, translation is not necessarily resorted to in teaching, which can avoid misunderstanding and save time. It should be said that this is a very creative idea, but due to the language barrier, the one-year "knowledge exchange" between China and Japan did not achieve the expected results.
(4) The construction of the church was basically completed. The site of Sanjiang Academy was selected by Zhang Zhidong in front of the Arctic Pavilion, and the architectural planning was decided by Hu Jun, president of Hubei Normal University, referring to the blueprint of Imperial University in Tokyo. Since June 1903 and 19, "kennel construction" has been supervised by Cha Zongren, a magistrate. At the urging of Wei Guangtao, the project is progressing smoothly. By the month of 1904 and 1, the "Wuyang Building" had been built and the situation was extremely open. 1904, the Japanese East Asian Literature Association also reported that "half of the 540 large teaching buildings and staff residences planned by Sanjiang Normal School have been completed and will be completed in February next year". 1August, 904, Wei Guangtao sent personnel to investigate the construction project of Sanjiang Church, and found that the project supervisor Cha Zongren was dereliction of duty and immediately took remedial measures. During September 1904 and October 10 10, all the projects were completed. Chinese and Japanese teaching in Sanjiang has been moved to your new church in the North Pole. Wei Guangtao was also transferred to the governor of Fujian and Zhejiang. The large-scale and magnificent building project of Sanjiang Church was started and basically completed during Wei Guangtao's term of office.
(5) Formulate the articles of association of Sanjiang Normal School. 1904 may 13 to July 7th (March 28th to May 24th, 30th year of Guangxu reign), Yang Jingui, general manager of Sanjiang Normal School, met with Wei Guangtao, governor of Liangjiang for five times. Such frequent visits should be related to the formulation of the articles of association of Sanjiang Normal School and related affairs. Hu Jun is responsible for drafting the articles of association. The articles of association are "Articles of Association of Teachers' Association of Primary Schools", which consists of fifteen chapters, respectively stipulating the general significance of the establishment of the school, examination rules, subject courses, responsibilities of members, rules and regulations on lecture halls, dormitories, playgrounds, etiquette, rewards and punishments, holidays and graduation services, and school bans.
(6) formal admission. 1In July, 904, Yang Jingui, general manager of Sanjiang Normal School, informed the counties under the jurisdiction of Liangjiang that Sanjiang Normal School would hold the entrance examination in September of 15 and 16. Due to the limited number of candidates who came as scheduled, only 120 people were admitted. Another recruitment was in June 5438+ 10, and 180 people were admitted, including 300 people. Students are divided into 32 three-year undergraduate students, 187 two-year accelerated students, 8 1 one-year accelerated students and 172 four-year normal college students, which are "for middle school teachers to choose". The discipline consists of physics and chemistry department (later renamed as physics and chemistry mathematics department), natural history department (later renamed as natural history and agriculture department) and historical geography department (later renamed as national literature, history and geography department), offering courses such as historical geography, literature, mathematics, physics, chemistry, natural history, physiology, agriculture and education. 165438+1October 26th (October 20th, 30th year of Guangxu reign), students formally entered the school.
Sanjiang Normal University began to prepare from 1902. 1903 opened in March and began to hire teachers and build schools; 1June 903 19 School, which taught "knowledge exchange" between China and Japan for one year; By June 1904, 1 1, the school officially enrolled students, and it took more than two years to complete its establishment. This was the highest institution of learning in Jiangsu at that time, "comparable to Imperial University" (reported by Wentong Branch of Japan East Asian Association) and "Arrow of Chinese Normal University". After the enrollment in Sanjiang, students have disputes over provincial origin because of the name of the school, the employment of the school and the allocation of funds. Jiangsu-born gentry, such as Zhang Jian and others, also rebounded strongly. They proposed that Sanjiang Normal School should be renamed on the grounds that from the first year of Yongzheng, the Governor of Liangjiang was in charge of Jiangsu, Anhui and Jiangxi provinces. The normal schools set up in the places where the Governor of Liangjiang is stationed should be renamed as "Excellent Normal Schools in Liangjiang". As public schools in the three provinces, it goes without saying that it is unnecessary to be named "Sanjiang".
After a period of controversy, Zhou Fu, the governor of Liangjiang, also thought that the name of "Sanjiang" seemed ambiguous, so he changed the name of "Sanjiang" to "Liangjiang" from May 65438 to May 0906, and named it "Liangjiang Excellent Normal School" according to the school charter.
Renaming "Liangjiang Excellent Normal School" is not only a change in the name of the school, but also a major change in organizational structure and personnel with the reform of academic system and the promotion of curriculum connotation. After Wuchang Uprising, Liangjiang Normal School was closed due to the war, and was rebuilt as Nanjing Normal School by Jiangsu Province in 19 14. (Jiangsu Provincial Commissioner's Office No.2406: "The former Liangjiang Normal School in Jiangsu Province dropped out of school because of military prosperity. Now that the overall situation has been set, it is urgent for the province to continue to store teachers. " ) (photo album source)
- Related articles
- Why did Hengke Seiko give me the contract?
- How much is a square of Tiequan Yuecheng in Jimo Qingdao?
- Qixia district postal code
- Huaxi futures recruitment
- How about Wenling Wan Qiang Water Pump Factory (general partnership)?
- Where is the address of Tianbao Edelweiss Capital in Zhangjiakou?
- Which egg tart is delicious?
- What about Manzhouli?
- What if Tianlong Technology interviews for less than half an hour?
- What academic qualifications are needed to learn computer science?