Job Recruitment Website - Zhaopincom - Who can give me some introduction to the top 10 ancient city gates in Hangzhou?

Who can give me some introduction to the top 10 ancient city gates in Hangzhou?

Top Ten Ancient City Gates in Hangzhou

Before the Southern Song Dynasty, Hangzhou had thirteen dry gates and five water gates. Since the Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties, the city of Hangzhou has been fixed with ten gates. In the past, people compiled the ten gates and the products of each gate into a Hangzhou tune: "The fish outside the Baiguan (Wulin) gate, the Bazi ( Silk baskets outside the door of Genshan), horse racing outside the door of Zhengyang (Fengshan), salt baskets outside the Luosi (Qingtai) door, vegetable baskets outside the Caoqiao (Wangjiang) door, wine jars outside the Houchao door, There are loads of firewood outside the Qingbo Gate, rowing boats outside the Yongjin Gate, incense baskets outside the Qiantang Gate, and dung piles outside the Taiping (Qingchun) Gate. After many vicissitudes, with the continuous changes of the city of Hangzhou, the city gates that played an important role in the past. All have been annihilated, replaced by stone tablets from the ancient city gate site.

Cai Daner outside Wangjiang Gate

Wangjiang Gate is the ancient southeastern city gate of Hangzhou. It was built in Shaoxing in the Southern Song Dynasty. In the 28th year of the Yuan Dynasty (1158), it was named Xinmen because there was a grass bridge on the Maoshan River to the east. , the Wangjiang Gate was also destroyed in the war. The city wall was rebuilt in the 19th year of the reign of Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty. It was renamed Wangjiang.

Wangjiangmenwai was originally a suburb. The villagers here grew vegetables and then brought them to the city to sell, hence the name "Caoqiao (Wangjiang) Outside Vegetable Daner". As early as the Yuan Dynasty, Wangjiangmen has been the location of "Zhejiang Qiutao", one of the "Eight Views of Qiantang", and "Qiutao Road" got its name from this.

Yantan'er outside Qingtai Gate<. /p>

Qingtai Gate was the ancient east gate of Hangzhou. In the early Southern Song Dynasty, another gate was built to the south called Chongxin Gate. The gate was close to Jianqiao Bridge, so it was also called Jianqiao Gate from the late Southern Song Dynasty to the early Yuan Dynasty. In the third year (1276), Yuan soldiers captured Hangzhou and the city gate was destroyed. From the end of the Yuan Dynasty to the 19th year of the Zhengzheng Period, the city wall was rebuilt and a gate was built three miles eastward, named Qingtai Gate.

Qingtai Gate is commonly known as Luosi Gate. Because the water network outside Qingtai Gate is intertwined and there are many snails in the river, it is called Luosi Gate. The area along the river outside Qingtai Gate until the river enters the sea was the place where sea salt was boiled in ancient times. "Tan'er" theory. In the 33rd year of the reign of Emperor Guangxu of the Qing Dynasty (1907), the Shanghai-Hangzhou Railway set up a station inside the Qingtai Gate. The railway entered from outside the city, so the city gates and walls were demolished for tens of feet. This was the first demolition in Hangzhou. City Gate.

Silk basket outside Genshan Gate

Genshan Gate is the ancient northeast gate of Hangzhou. It was built in Luo City (outer city) during the Wuyue Dynasty in the Five Dynasties and was one of the ten city gates. In the 28th year of Shaoxing in the Southern Song Dynasty, the Baode Gate was moved to the west of Caishi River and renamed Genshan Gate (Gen means north, Genshan is the hill in the north of the city. In the Northern Song Dynasty, there was "Genyue" in Bianjing, and in the Southern Song Dynasty, it was named Genshan Gate. , meaning longing for the homeland). There is Shunying Bridge inside Genshan Gate, commonly known as Bazi Bridge, so Genshan Gate is also called Bazimen.

From the beginning of the Yuan Dynasty to the 13th year of the Yuan Dynasty (1276), Yuan soldiers invaded Hangzhou City. , Genshan Gate was destroyed. Genshan Gate was rebuilt at the former site of Baode Gate in the late Yuan Dynasty. Since the Song and Yuan Dynasties, Genshan Gate has been the main production area of ??"Hangzhou Textile", which is famous both at home and abroad. There are individual silk weaving households and machine spinning workshops. It is everywhere, and the sound of relief can be heard from house to house. Therefore, Hangzhou folk songs are known as "silk baskets outside the Bazi gate". Genshan Gate was demolished for road construction in the early Republic of China (1913), and a stone monument was erected on the site.

Genshan Gate is now the east gate of Hangzhou, which can be used to enter and exit Hangzhou and the Shanghai-Hangzhou-Ningbo Expressway. At present, East Bus Station, the largest long-distance bus station in East China, is also located on Genshan East Road.

Dung Daner outside Qingchun Gate

Qingchun Gate was built in the 28th year of Shaoxing in the Southern Song Dynasty. It is one of the ancient east city gates of Hangzhou. It was originally called Dongqingmen. Because there was a vegetable market outside the door, it was also called the vegetable market gate. At the end of the Song Dynasty and the beginning of the Yuan Dynasty, Yuan soldiers invaded Hangzhou City and the city gate was destroyed. It was rebuilt from the end of Yuan Dynasty to the 19th year of Zhengzheng Dynasty and expanded three miles to the east. The new gate was close to Taiping Bridge and was renamed Taiping Gate. In the early Ming Dynasty, Zhu Yuanzhang's general Chang Yuchun entered the city through this gate, so it was renamed Qingchun Gate.

Qingchun Street inside Qingchun Gate has always been one of the bustling streets in Hangzhou. Outside the gate is the vegetable field of farmers in the suburbs. Vegetable farmers transport vegetables into the city and carry dung out of the city. They all come in and out through this gate. Therefore, there is a folk saying of "the dung load outside Taipingmen".

The remaining city wall of Qingchun Gate was demolished in 1958 when the East Ring Road was built. There is a stone tablet of "Ancient Qingchun Gate" beside the Qingchun Overpass on the west side of Tiesha River.

It is difficult to find signs of suburbs outside Qingchun Gate today. As the city expands eastward, this area will be the new urban center of Hangzhou in the future.

Chai Daner outside Qingbo Gate

Qingbo Gate was Hanshui Gate during the Wuyue period of the Five Dynasties. Hangzhou City was built in the 28th year of Shaoxing in the Southern Song Dynasty. Qingbo Gate is one of the West City Gates. 1. The gate tower is located to the southeast of the West Lake. It means "Qingbo", a famous gate, and has been used throughout the ages. Qingbo Gate is commonly known as the secret gate because of the underground ditch that leads the lake water into the city.

There are many historical sites in the Qingbo Gate area. Historically, it was the residence of literati, calligraphers and painters. Because the gate leads to Nanshan, in ancient times, citizens needed to transport a lot of firewood through this gate, so it was called " The folk song "Chai Dan'er outside Qingbo Gate". In the 10th year of Xianfeng's reign in the Qing Dynasty (1860), the Taiping Army dug tunnels, broke through several feet of the Qingbomen city wall, and occupied Hangzhou. In the second year of the Republic of China, Hangzhou began to demolish the city. Following the demolition of the "Qiying", the Qingbo, Yongjin, and Qiantang gates and the city wall were all demolished. Nanshan Road and Hubin Road were rebuilt, and a stone monument was erected at the former site of Qingbo Gate.

The Qingbo Gate area has always been a good place for leisure and scenery viewing. One of the "Ten Scenic Spots of the West Lake", "Weeping Orioles in the Willow Waves" is to the west. There are also the ruins of "Jujing Garden" and "Qianwang Temple" nearby. , to the east are "Wushan Tianfeng" and Hefang Street, one of the "Top Ten Scenes of the New West Lake".

Incense basket outside Qiantang Gate

At the intersection of Qingchun Road and Hubin Road in Hangzhou, there is a stone tablet of "Ancient Qiantang Gate". This is the ten city gates of Hangzhou in ancient times. One of the former sites of "Qiantang Gate".

Qiantang Gate was built in the 18th year of Shaoxing in the Southern Song Dynasty (1148) and is one of the west gates of Hangzhou. Hangzhou's name "Qiantang" dates back to the Qin Dynasty. Since the Song Dynasty, there have been many Buddhist temples and pavilions outside Qiantang Gate. From Zhaoqing Temple (today's Youth Palace) and Kanjing Tower (Wanghu Tower), it leads directly to Lingyin and Tianzhu. In ancient times, people who went to Lingyin Tianzhu to offer incense had to go in and out through Qiantang Gate, so there was a folk song of "Incense Basket Outside Qiantang Gate". In the second year of the Republic of China, Hangzhou demolished the city walls of Qiantang, Yongjin and Qingbo gates and rebuilt Hubin Road and Nanshan Road. From then on, West Lake was connected to the urban area. Now this area is the best place to visit West Lake.

The wine jar outside Houchaomen

Houchaomen was first built in the Wuyue period of the Five Dynasties. It was a famous bamboo car door at that time. It was named because when the city was built, huge stones were held in bamboo cages and transported by carts to form the foundation stone of the city wall. In the 28th year of Shaoxing in the Southern Song Dynasty (1158), Houchao Gate was rebuilt on the old foundation of Zhuche Gate. Because the city gate is close to the Qiantang River and can wait for the tide twice a day, it is called the tide gate.

In the Southern Song Dynasty, there were Baoanmen and Baoanshuimen to the north of Houchaomen, Bianmen and the North and South Watergates to the south, Liubu Bridge to the west, and Qiantang River to the east. In ancient times, Shaoxing old wine in Hangzhou city entered the city through Houchao Gate. Therefore, Hangzhou proverb is known as "the wine jar outside Houchao Gate". Houchaomen was demolished when Hangzhou was demolished for road construction in the second year of the Republic of China (1913), and a stone monument was erected on the original site.

Today, the construction in the Haochaomen area is changing with each passing day. The planned fourth Qianjiang River Bridge will also connect the two sides of the Qianjiang River south of Houchaomen.

Yudaner outside Wulin Gate

Wulin Gate is the oldest north gate in the old city of Hangzhou. It was built in the Sui Dynasty (about 589-610 AD) and has a history of more than 1,300 years. history. During the Wuyue Kingdom of the Five Dynasties (AD 983), Luo City was built and the Beiguan Gate (commonly known as Baiguan Gate) was built in today's Jiacheng Alley. During the reign of Emperor Gaozong of the Song Dynasty, the city gate was moved here, and it was renamed Wulin Gate in the Ming Dynasty.

Since the Sui Dynasty, Wulin Gate has been the starting and ending point of the Grand Canal connecting Beijing and South my country, where ships and sails are unloaded and department stores are launched. At night, "bonfires and candles are lit, just like daytime" and people going to the market are "busy and crowded, just like the Lantern Festival Lantern Festival". This is the "Beiguan Night Market" which was known as one of the eight scenic spots in Qiantang in ancient times. The area from Wulinmen to Hushu has always been a gathering place for freshwater fish in Hangzhou, Jiaxing and Huzhou. Therefore, there is a Hangzhou proverb that says, "There are fish burdens outside Baiguanmen", and the fish-selling bridge got its name from this.

Today’s Wulinmen area is full of high-rise buildings, giving it a modern urban feel. Although the scene of "Beiguan Night Market" is no longer there, it is still the most prosperous commercial center in Hangzhou.

Row a boat outside Yongjin Gate

Yongjin Gate is one of the ancient west gates of Hangzhou.

In the first year of Tianfu in the Five Dynasties (936), King Qian of Wuyue diverted water from the West Lake into the city, built a Yongjin Pool and a Yongjin Gate. The gate is adjacent to the West Lake and there is a water gate (also known as the Yongjin Gate) on the east side. It is said that the "Golden Bull" in the West Lake emerged here, hence its name.

Yongjinmen has always been the passage from Hangzhou city to the West Lake and is a prosperous area in the city. Yongjinmen is also known as Xiaojinmen. The poet Yang Wanli of the Song Dynasty wrote a poem about Yongjinmen: "I didn't say where the beautiful lakes and mountains are, but I came out of Xiaojinmen in the early morning." Yongjinmen has a cruise ship dock as early as ancient times, and most West Lake cruise ships gathered here, so there is a proverb of "boating outside Yongjinmen".

Yongjin Gate was demolished in 1913, the same year as Qingbo Gate and Qiantang Gate. From then on, the West Lake was connected to the urban area.

Horses racing outside Fengshan Gate

Fengshan Gate was the south gate of Hangzhou in ancient times. Zhao Gou, Emperor Gaozong of the Song Dynasty, settled in the south of the Yangtze River and changed Hangzhou to Lin'an. In the 28th year of Shaoxing in the Southern Song Dynasty (1158), he built an imperial city in the Fenghuang Mountain area and an outer city with 13 gates. where the door is. In the early Yuan Dynasty (1276), Yuan soldiers invaded Hangzhou. Soon, the palace of the Southern Song Dynasty was destroyed by war, and the Fengshan Gate was also destroyed. In the 19th year of Yuan Dynasty, the city wall was rebuilt, and a city gate named Fengshan Gate (named because it was located at the foot of Fenghuang Mountain) was built here, also known as Zhengyang Gate.

Fengshan Gate is the southern end of the Imperial Street of the Southern Song Dynasty. Next to it is the Liubu Bridge. It was the seat of the official offices of the Six Ministries of the Three Provinces of the Southern Song Dynasty and was the political center of the Southern Song Dynasty. The Wansongling area outside Fengshan Gate is an important transportation thoroughfare connecting the Jianggan area and the West Lake. It has beautiful scenery and has become a place for tourists to ride horses. Therefore, Hangzhou people have a folk song of "horse racing outside Zhengyang (ie Fengshan Gate)". There is a stone tablet erected at the site of the ancient Fengshan Gate. Today, the areas near Fengshan Gate that have been designated as historical and cultural reserves by Hangzhou include the Zhongshan South Road Traditional Commercial Street Reserve, the Southern Song Dynasty Imperial City Site Reserve, the Southern Song Dynasty Ancestral Temple, and the Three Provinces and Liubu Site Reserve.