Job Recruitment Website - Zhaopincom - The History and Culture of Luoyang City

The History and Culture of Luoyang City

The original name of Luoyang is Yong 'anli, Luoyang Old Stone Bridge, and the name of the bridge is also Yong 'an Bridge (this bridge was demolished during dredging in 1976 Wujin Port). Yong 'anli's name can be traced back to Liang Xiao's time in the Southern Dynasties. According to legend, at the turn of summer and autumn, the Yanghu Lake flooded, and the county magistrates Wu and Xu of Jinling and Wuxi patrolled the lake. Suddenly, the flood peak rose. Seeing this, they had to pray to heaven: "It is better to kill the city than the people", and then they jumped into the water and committed suicide. After the flood, people in Huxi Village returned to rebuild their homes one after another, hoping for peace from now on, so it was called Yong 'anli. The two county magistrates, Wu and Xu, who died because of water control, were honored as "Yong 'anlidi" and called "Xu Ersheng", and a land temple was built to worship them.

As for why Yong 'anli changed its name to Luoyang, it is recorded in the inscription of the thirty-first year of Qingganlong (1766) of Qin Temple in Luoyang West Street and the genealogy of Qin family. Qin Zhan, the youngest son of Qin Guan, was appointed as a judge in Changzhou during the political period of the Northern Song Dynasty, and settled in Xintang Township, a neighboring county, and named Qin Village after it. Qin Zongxian, the fifth grandson of Qin Guan, moved from Qin Village to Yong 'anli, and Qin Yufu, the sixth grandson of Qin Guan, became a county captain in Luoyang, Henan Province, and died in the line of duty. Qin Chun, the son of Yufu, helped him bury Yong 'anli, and his father died of grief, that is, Yong 'anli was changed to Luoyang as a memorial, which is the origin of Luoyang's name.

During the Liang Xiao period in the Southern Dynasties, the government complied with the people's wishes for Yong 'an and named it Yong 'anli, which has been more than 1400 years. 1227 (the third year of Li Zongbaoqing in the Southern Song Dynasty), Yong 'anli was renamed Luoyang. Throughout the ages, Luoyang has produced many talents. During the Song, Ming and Qing Dynasties, there were 15 Jinshi in Luoyang, and Huang Yong and Huang Liang joined hands, laying a good story for the people's clean government. Zhao Yi, a famous historian and poet in Qing Dynasty, was born in Gan Xi, Jiangxi. "Talented people come from the Jiangshan generation, leading the way for a hundred years" has become a famous sentence throughout the ages. He has made outstanding achievements in historical research and poetry creation, and is called "a historian will never sing". Ge, a famous gardener in Qing Dynasty, was born in Gejiatou, Luoyang. He built a rockery, which made the town mountain invincible for thousands of years and became famous in the north and south of the country. Contemporary groups of advanced model workers and elites who have made great contributions to the construction of new Luoyang and new China have emerged.