Job Recruitment Website - Ranking of immigration countries - The organizational history of Gaoqiao Town

The organizational history of Gaoqiao Town

The original name of Gaoqiao Town is Shunjiangzhou, also known as Laozhou. It is an impact sandbar in the lower reaches of the Yangtze River. It has a history of about 830 years. It was later named Gaoqiao because of an arched stone bridge in the town. In the early Yuan Dynasty, the "Hengsai Haimen" of the Yangtze River Estuary was opened for sand. During the Chenghua and Hongzhi years of the Ming Dynasty, it was established as a land, and immigrants came here one after another to work hard.

Gaoqiao was built in Shunjiang Township in the late Qing Dynasty.

Districts were established in the 18th year of the Republic of China (1929).

In June 1949, the district was taken over by Jiangdu County and later transferred to Dantu County.

In 1956, the Gaoqiao Working Group was established in the district.

It was changed to township in August 1957.

The People’s Commune was established in 1958.

In 1963, it was renamed Gaoqiao District.

The people's commune was restructured in 1969.

In 1983, the government and social organizations were divided into townships.

In April 1989, the township was removed and established as a town.