Job Recruitment Website - Ranking of immigration countries - Is it true that two China students lost contact in Canada?
Is it true that two China students lost contact in Canada?
According to the local time of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation 10, the case investigation has made new progress. Except for Zhang's lettering, a China boy named 16 lost contact. The police said that they may have encountered phone fraud against overseas students from China and Canada, and went into hiding after receiving threatening phone calls.
Police said that Zhang Yuwen and Tsui Hark lost contact on the 8th and 9th respectively. According to police information, the two students received threatening phone calls, asking them to hide, or their families in China would be hurt.
Caroline de Kloet, a Toronto police officer, said that the Toronto police had never encountered such a situation before, but there had been similar fraud cases against China students in other parts of Canada.
The police said that scammers would threaten to ask victims to turn off their mobile phones and not to use social media to protect their families. Afterwards, the swindler will call the victim's family in China and tell them that the child has been kidnapped and demand a huge ransom.
De Croste said that fraudsters can now easily obtain the personal information of victims through social media and other channels, especially those who are alone.
At present, the families of two international students are cooperating with the police investigation. De Kletter said that he hopes to find them as soon as possible and confirm their safety.
Zhang's last appearance before losing contact was near Yang Street and Granville Road, while his last appearance before losing contact was in East Ellington Street and Midland Street. Toronto police ask anyone with relevant information to contact the police.
Fraud incidents against Chinese in Canada continue.
Earlier, Canadian Mounted Police and China's Embassy and Consulate in Canada had issued warning messages for many times, saying that there had been fraud against Chinese in Canada.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police had previously warned the Chinese community that there was kidnapping fraud against new immigrants from China in Canada, falsely claiming that their relatives had been kidnapped in an attempt to extort money from their families. Officer Annie Linteau, a spokeswoman for the Royal Mounted Police, said that the police received three similar reports in the first week of June 5438+ 10. The police had been aware of this scam since July and set up a task force to investigate this criminal activity. The Royal Mounted Police received six reports of this two-pronged scam in July, and then the police issued the first warning.
China students studying in Canada received information claiming to be the staff of the China Consulate in Canada, falsely claiming that they were involved in some criminal activities in China, and then contacted their families in China, claiming that their relatives had been kidnapped and demanded ransom.
According to the notice from the local embassy and consulate of China, China citizens will never be informed of the legal proceedings involved by telephone. In the statement, the RCMP also pointed out that if China citizens have any legal proceedings in China, the relevant legal documents will be directly mailed to the parties by the China Embassy or Consulate, especially when personal banking information is involved.
Linto reminded that anyone who received a similar call should not agree to the criminal's request and report the case to the local police in time.
The Consulate General of China in Toronto issued an important notice on June 1 65438+1October1,which quoted the warning information of Canadian Mounted Police, and said that our library had received many inquiries and complaints about telecom fraud for some time, and similar cases mentioned in the Royal Mounted Police's warning also occurred in Ontario and Manitoba, our territorial areas. The suspect claimed to be a police officer in the liaison office of Interpol in China or a staff member of the Consulate General of China in Toronto, and told the recipient that a UPS express parcel sent back to China in his name was seized by China Customs. The parcel contained multiple bank cards (or passports), and the recipient was asked to follow his instructions to transfer to the reporting center, and then began to collect the personal information of the recipient, thus committing fraud. Some students studying in China also reported that they received a phone call from the staff who claimed to be our library, telling them that there were problems with their passports and other identity documents, and they had been restricted from entering the country and asked to cooperate with the investigation. As the calling number is displayed as the phone number of our library on duty (actually, the suspect disguised it through technical means), the above fraudulent phone calls are deceptive.
The Consulate General of China in Toronto once again solemnly reminds overseas Chinese and China students to take precautions against telecom fraud. "China Interpol Liaison Office in Ottawa" is a fictional organization, and Interpol China National Central Bureau has not set up a so-called "liaison office" in Ottawa. The embassy or consulate in Canada has never directly handled specific cases such as parcel detention. If a citizen of China living abroad is involved in a case in China, the relevant legal documents will be sent by Chinese diplomatic agencies abroad through formal channels, and the embassy or consulate will not verify the information by telephone, especially the bank account information. If you are deceived, please report it to the local police immediately. If you accidentally disclose information, you can report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center and ask it to protect its property.
This safety reminder from the Consulate General of China in Toronto is valid until March 3 1, 2065438.
- Previous article:How much is the annual dividend of 50,000 yuan for precision poverty alleviation in Hanzhong?
- Next article:Hello, everyone, I am a student now, and I want to travel abroad on my own. The countries I want to go to now are several big countries in Europe, France, Germany and Italy. What should I prepare?
- Related articles
- Did any Americans immigrate to Vietnam? Now
- Dad has been in prison. Can my daughter immigrate to America?
- What's the easiest way to go to Europe?
- What villages are there in Ruian, Wenzhou?
- African immigrants in Australia
- In which city in the United States is Harvard University?
- Why do Chinese couples in New Zealand miss the custody of their sons?
- Information about the Great Wall of Wan Li
- What do you call immigrants?
- Illegal immigration to new york