Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - The origin of the name of Qinnan Town

The origin of the name of Qinnan Town

Qinnan Town was originally named "Qinnan Cang". According to legend, in BC 1368, when Hongwu was driven away at the end of the Yuan Dynasty, the prime minister of the Yuan Dynasty suddenly drowned the peasant uprising army and opened the Gaojiayan dam in Hongze Lake. The flood devoured people's lives and property in He Lixia, and the south of Qin was deserted. After Zhu Hongwu established Nanjing as its capital, he immigrated to Nanjing from Nagato in Suzhou. Among the immigrants, Qin and Tan were the main surnames, and they were once named Qin Tanzhuang. During the Jiajing period of the Ming Dynasty, because the government set up dozens of large granaries here, farmers from dozens of miles nearby came here to pay for brown rice. There is a big wharf about eight feet opposite the warehouse door, which is called the warehouse gap in history. Since then, people named Qin Nancang because of the huge Qin family and the granary in the south, which has a history of nearly 500 years. With the passage of time and the growth of population, people have since called it "Qin Nancang".