Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - Introduce the history of Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province

Introduce the history of Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province

Zhangjiakou City is located in the northwest of Hebei Province, bordering Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region to the north, Baoding City to the south, Beijing City to the east, Chengde City to the northeast, and Shanxi Province to the west.

Zhangjiakou City is a municipality under the jurisdiction of Hebei Province. It currently governs 4 districts (Qiaodong, Qiaoxi, Xuanhua, and Xiahuayuan) and 13 counties (Wanquan, Huai'an, Xuanhua, Yangyuan, Yuxian, Zhuolu, Kangbao, Guyuan, Zhangbei, Chongli, Chicheng, Shangyi, Huailai).

Zhangjiakou has a long history of human culture, and the Wangjiayao site in Xuanhua County can trace it back to primitive society.

The famous "Battle of Zhuolu" and "Battle of Banquan" in history took place in the Zhuolu and Huailai areas of Zhangjiakou.

The birthplace of the Huangdi tribe was approximately in the northern part of present-day Shaanxi. Later, it migrated eastward, southward along the Beiluo River, to the present-day Dali and Chaoyi areas of Shaanxi, and then eastward. He crossed the Yellow River, followed the Zhongtiao Mountain and Taihang Mountain, walked northeast, and finally settled near Zhuolu.

The birthplace of the Yandi tribe was approximately in the upper reaches of the Wei River in modern Shaanxi.

Its eastward migration route was along the Weishui River and eastward along the south bank of the Yellow River to the present-day Shandong area.

The Chiyou tribe, also known as the Jiuli tribe in history books, is a Yi tribe that originally lived in eastern my country.

His activity range is roughly from southern Shandong in the north, to eastern Henan in the west, to southern Henan in the southwest, to central Anhui in the south, and to the seaside in the east.

As a result of the Yandi tribe's eastward migration, conflicts broke out in Shandong and Henan with the Chiyou tribe who originally lived in this area.

After a long struggle, the Yandi tribe was defeated and fled to Zhuolu to join the Huangdi tribe.

These two tribes united and fought a war with the Chi You tribe in Zhuolu. As a result, Chi You was defeated and fled to Jizhou area and was killed.

This is the famous "Battle of Zhuolu" in history books.

Soon, because the Yandi tribe wanted to be the overlord, the Yan and Huang tribes clashed again, and they fought in Banquan (today's Huailai area).

As a result, Emperor Yan was defeated.

This is the famous "Battle of Banquan" in history.

After the war, the Yandi tribe surrendered to the Emperor's tribe, and the members of the Chiyou tribe who stayed in the north were further combined.

Later, they developed southward and settled in the Yellow River Basin.

Since the Spring and Autumn Period, the residents of these Central Plains areas have called themselves "Huaxia" and "descendants of Yan and Huang".

The name Zhangjiakou began in the Ming Dynasty.

Due to successive years of war, the population of Hebei has dropped sharply.

After Zhu Di moved the capital to Beijing in the Ming Dynasty, in order to enrich the population of the capital, consolidate the border defense, and increase the number of troops, in the second year of Yongle (1404), he planned to immigrate from the densely populated counties and districts in Shanxi to Zhangjiakou and Xuanhua In this area, officials built earth forts to house the newly relocated people.

In order to defend against harassment by nomadic tribes in the north, beacon towers were built in various places, and soldiers were stationed at each tower to guard them. The soldiers were inherited from father to son, and could live and farm for a long time with their families.

Many of the villages thus formed were named after "Fort" and "Tai".

Brick cities are built at every pass in the towns and counties, and are garrisoned by military attachés such as generals, guards, commanders, commanders, and guerrillas.

Due to the dangerous terrain of "Dajingmen", in the fourth year of Xuande in the Ming Dynasty (1429), Zhang Wen was commanded to build Zhangjiakou Fort five miles south of the mouth to station heavy troops and guard the border fortress. The name "city" is the origin of the street name of today's Wucheng.

"Wanquan County Chronicles: Overview of Zhangjiakou" records: "Zhangjiakou was originally owned by Wanquan Youwei in the Ming Dynasty. In the fourth year of Xuande (1429), a fort was built and it became an important town for trade with Mongolia.

"According to legend, because there are East Taiping Mountain and West Taiping Mountain five miles to the north, the two mountains are hundreds of steps apart, facing each other like a gate; and because the fort was built by the commander Zhang Wen, it was named Zhangjiakou Fort, and was later renamed. Zhangjiakou.

In the second year of Shunzhi (1645), a gate was built in the wall next to Dajing Gate, which was called "Dajing Gate".

During the Ming and Qing Dynasties, Zhangjiakou’s trade flourished.

In 1551, a "Horse Market" was opened outside Dajingmen, where officials traded Mongolian Tatar horses and skins with cloth cauldrons and the like.

In 1570, the Tatar leader Anda surrendered and was granted a title, and Zhangjiakou was established as a "place for mutual trade" between Mongolia and Han.

In 1613, Laiyuan Fort was built on the side of Zhangjiakou Fort. Based on Zhangjiakou Fort and Laiyuan Fort, Zhangjiakou gradually developed into the center of trade exchanges between Mongolian and Han peoples.

At that time, there were many stalls and merchants gathered, and there were "thousands of tents in the Qionglu" outside Laiyuan Fort, and the national commerce and trade was very prosperous.

In 1676, the Qing army defeated Galdan, opened up the trade route to Mobei, and established Dajingmen as a place for trade between Mongolia and its headquarters.

By 1906, there were 1,037 stores.

More and more merchants from Peking, Tianjin, Shanxi and other places come to Zhangjiakou to do business.

In 1860, Russian businessmen began to appear in Zhangjiakou.

In 1884, businessmen from Britain, the United States, France and other countries came to Zhangjiakou to purchase skins and wool. Zhangjiakou gradually became a large land commercial port. Up to 150 million taels.

The influence of Zhangjiakou’s furs at home and abroad is growing day by day. “The furs from all over the world are imported into the country through here, and then priced and traded in the Sifang Fur Market.”

Due to its high reputation for high-quality goods, "Kou Lao" and "Kou Pi" are well-known in the international market.

The opening of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou Railway and the establishment of Zhangjiakou Railway Station were the starting point of Zhangjiakou’s modern economic development and had a significant impact on its urban development.

In May 1905, the Qing government approved the construction of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou Railway and appointed Zhan Tianyou as the chief engineer and executive director.

On January 6, 1906, the Beijing-Zhangjiakou Railway began track laying from Fengtai, and Zhan Tianyou drove the first spike on the track.

In May 1980, the 1,091-meter-long Badaling Tunnel, a key project on the Beijing-Zhangjiakou line, was completed.

In July 1909, the track laying of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou Road was completed.

On September 20, Zhangjiakou Station held a tea party to celebrate the official opening of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou Railway to entertain officials and businessmen from all walks of life.

On the 24th, the Beijing-Zhangjiakou Railway was opened to traffic, with a total length of 201.1 kilometers.

In the same year, the Zhangjiakou to Guisui (now Hohhot) railway was built westward from Zhangjiakou, that is, the Beijing-Sui Railway.

The opening of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou and Beijing-Suiyuan Railways has greatly promoted the development of Zhangjiakou's industry and commerce.

On September 17, 1982, *** *** converted the three special zones of Rehe, Chahar and Suiyuan into provinces, with Zhangjiakou as the capital of Chahar Province.

On August 27, 1037, the Japanese army occupied Zhangjiakou and later established the pseudo "Chanan Autonomous Communist Party".

In early 1939, Zhangjiakou Special City was founded, a pseudo-city office was established, and Zhangjiakou was first established as a city.

In September of the same year, the puppet "Mongolian-Xinjiang United Autonomous Communist Party" was established, with its capital in Zhangjiakou City.

On August 23, 1945, Zhangjiakou was liberated for the first time, and subsequently the Zhangjiakou City People's *** was established, which belonged to the Shanxi-Chahar-Hebei Border Region. The Shanxi-Chahar-Hebei Military Region Headquarters and the Shanxi-Chahar-Hebei Border Region Committee were both established in Zhangjiakou City.

In November of the same year, it was transferred to Chahar Province, with Zhangjiakou as the provincial capital.

In October 1946, our army made a strategic shift and evacuated Zhangjiakou.

On December 24, 1948, the Chinese People's Liberation Army liberated Zhangjiakou for the second time and reestablished the Municipal People's Government.

On January 15, 1949, the People's Communist Party of Chahar Province was established, with Zhangjiakou City as the provincial capital.

On November 7, 1952, the organizational structure of Chahar Province was abolished, and Zhangjiakou City was placed under the jurisdiction of Hebei Province and became a municipality under the jurisdiction of the province.