Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - The Historical Evolution of Tongluo Town

The Historical Evolution of Tongluo Town

The development of this town began in the early years of Qianlong in Qing Dynasty. Guangdong native Lan led more than 30 ethnic groups to reclaim land, chop wood, open up gardens and build houses in the forest (now around Zhusen Village). During the ten years of Qianlong (1745), Wang Guilin, a strongman in Changhua, was jealous of his success, but as a bandit leader, he lied to the government about Sapphire, and his lodging was full of bandits' nests, that is, he led the officers and men to suppress it. Because we were outnumbered, all the places we passed were burned and looted, and only three rooms were left, so it was called "three rooms". In the 12th year of Qianlong, people from Zhenping, Wu, and Wu in Guangdong, after "blue is the most precious", recruited immigrants extensively, followed them to reclaim old sites, and expanded southward from Xiongjiao Bay (now Chaoyang Village) to Tian Yang (now in front of Tongluo Railway Station and south of Jianfeng Highway). At the same time, they expelled the aborigines living there to Jilong Mountain, and at the same time reclaimed the countryside and gradually formed villages.

In the same year, Guangdong, Zeng, Wu Chaogang, Zeng Junpo, Zeng Dongxing and others organized "five major stocks" to open up Niujiaokeng, Zaokeng, Shanshuikeng and Changtankeng (all in Jiuhu Village). During the Qianlong period (1736 ~ 1795), Guangdong Wu Chaoguang led the young people surnamed Wu and Peng to build new and old chicken coops (Xinglong and Xinlong villages). In the fifty-sixth year of Qianlong (179 1 year), Lai Lianhui, a native of Jiaying Prefecture, opened three houses (Zhusen Village). At the end of Qianlong period, Li Yinglong, a native of Jiaying Prefecture, opened Miyake, the ancestor of Li surname of Tongluo. Wu Fanglin led his brother into five places and opened up camphor trees. In the early years of Xianfeng, Huizhou native Wu Lichuan (a descendant of Wu Youzong) led his people to cultivate new chicken cages (Xinlong and Shenglong villages) from Gaopu. In the 11th year of Tongzhi (1872), Wutonglin, Guangdong Province opened an old hen house (xinglong village), covering an area of 100 hectares. Later, the Qing court lifted the ban on Han people bringing their families to Taiwan, and settlers from Guangdong came one after another. Most of the settlers gathered in the old street (now Fuxing Village), and Tongluocheng Street took shape.