Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - What is the origin of Xiamen's name?

What is the origin of Xiamen's name?

According to legend, in ancient times, flocks of egrets often lived on Xiamen Island. Therefore, Xiamen Island is called Ludao, and Guxia Strait is also called Lujiang. Human life in Xiamen Island can be traced back to the late Neolithic period 3000-4000 years ago.

The recorded history began in the middle of the Tang Dynasty, and it has been more than 40 years since1/kloc-0. During the Tianbao period of the Tang Dynasty, Han Chinese Xue and Chen immigrated to the island from Fuan in eastern Fujian and Zhangzhou in southern Fujian, and lived in the southern and northern foothills of Hongji Mountain respectively.

Xiamen's administrative system began in the Song Dynasty and belongs to Tongan County, Quanzhou Prefecture. In the 20th year of Hongwu in the early Ming Dynasty (1387), North Korea began to build villages in cities and set up health clinics on the island. The city name "Xiamen" means "the gate of the motherland building". The place name of Xiamen was established from then on.

Extended data:

The development of history

In ancient times, it was the habitat of egrets, so it was also called "Egret Island".

In the pre-Qin period, Xiamen was a land of hundreds of leaps and bounds; According to the Records of Geography of Hanshu, Baiyue has its own caste.

In the third year of Taikang in the Western Jin Dynasty (282), Tongan County was established, belonging to Jin 'an County. It was soon abolished and merged into Nan 'an County. It was not until more than 600 years later that the county system was re-established: in 933, in the year of Qi Longyuan, Minzhou was promoted to Tongan County, a newly-built county, which was subordinate to Quanzhou, and the state was based in Jinjiang County.

In the 19th year of Zhenyuan in Tang Dynasty (803), Datong Field was established in the southwest of Nan 'an County. In the second year of Tang Guangqi (886), the whole state of Wang Chaoke was a secretariat. By 947, Fujian was destroyed by the Southern Tang Dynasty, and Tongan was ruled by the dynasty for 438+0 years.

Wang Chao and Wang Brothers successively served as envoys of our army, governing Tongan. In the first year of Kaiping, Fujian (909), the king was the king of Fujian, with Fujian as its capital and Datong as its seat. In the seventh year of Baoda (949), Nantang promoted Quanzhou to Qingyuan Army (now Quanzhou, Putian, Xiamen and Zhangzhou).

In the first year of Gande (963), the Song Dynasty changed the Qingyuan Army to the Pingshui Division, taking Chen as our time, and Tongan County belonged to the Pingshui Division. In the third year of the Northern Song Dynasty (978), Chen received the land of the Song Dynasty, and Tongan County began to receive the land with Pingshui Division. In the same year, Song Fuping was a naval officer in Quanzhou. Song belongs to Pingshui Division and Quanzhou.

The Yuan Dynasty belongs to Quanzhou Road.

The Lido map system was implemented in the Ming Dynasty, and Xiamen was Jiahe City and Sidu, each with two maps.

In the twenty-seventh year of Hongwu (1394), 2,000 households in Yongning moved to Jiaheyu and built Xiamen City. Since then, Zhongzuo Institute has been called Xiamen Island.

In the 9th year of Yongzheng (the 12th year of Qing Shunzhi 1655), Zheng Chenggong changed Zhongzuo House to Siming House, and its jurisdiction included Xiamen Island, Gulangyu Island, Wuxi Island (Greater Golden Gate) and Archipelago (Lesser Golden Gate).

In the 19th year of Kangxi in Qing Dynasty (1680), the Qing army captured Siming County.

In the 22nd year of Kangxi (1683), the Fujian navy prefect moved to Xiamen. In the following year, the military road under the stage was set up (changed to Taiwan road in the fifth year of Yongzheng (1727)) to manage the government affairs of Taiwan Province Province and Xiamen. In the 25th year of Kangxi (1686), Tongzhi of Coastal Defence in Quanzhou moved to Xiamen.

In the fifth year of Yongzheng (1727), Xingquan Road was moved to Xiamen, and in the twelfth year of Yongzheng (1734), it was renamed Xingquan Yong Road, which governed Xinghua House (now Putian), Quanzhou House and Yongchun House. At this point, Xiamen has become the military, political and economic center of the southeast coast of Fujian. After the Opium War, the Qing government was forced to sign the treaty of nanking with Britain, and Xiamen became one of the five trading ports stipulated in the treaty of nanking.

Xinghua Road Station (map of Xinghua area shows Xinghua Road Station)

Xinghua Road Station (map of Xinghua area shows Xinghua Road Station)

On September 11th, the 23rd year of Daoguang (1843165438+1October 2nd), Xiamen officially opened.

In the 28th year of Guangxu (1902165438+1October 21)1October 22, the Qing government officially approved the land charter of Gulangyu concession in Xiamen, and Gulangyu became an "international concession".

In the second year of the Republic of China (19 13), PricewaterhouseCoopers Xingquan was renamed Lu Nan Road, with the same jurisdiction, and then kinmen county was added.

In the third year of the Republic of China (19 14), it was renamed Xiamen Road (abolished in the fourteenth year of the Republic of China (1925)).

In the fourth year of the Republic of China (19 15), Kinmen was divided into two and kinmen county was established.

In the 22nd year of the Republic of China (1933), "People's Republic of China (PRC) People's Revolutionary Government" (Fujian People's Government for short) established Xiamen Special City, which was later abolished.

In the 23rd year of the Republic of China (1934), after the failure of the "Fujian Revolution" in June+10/October, 5438, the Xiamen Special Municipal Government and Xingquan Province were abolished, and the organizational system of Siming County was restored in Xiamen. Tongan County was directly under the jurisdiction of the Fujian Provincial Government.

In the 23rd year of the Republic of China (1934), Tongan and Siming counties belonged to the fifth administrative supervision area (in Tongan).

In April of the 24th year of the Republic of China (1935), Xiamen was established on seven islands, including Xiamen and Gulangyu Island, and Heshan Special Zone in Siming County was abolished. It belongs to the fourth administrative supervision area with Tongan County (located in Tongan, which now governs Quanzhou, Putian and Xiamen).

From May of the 27th year of the Republic of China (1938) to September of the 34th year of the Republic of China (1945), the organizational system of Xiamen was restored in June of 10, with four districts, namely, the center (later renamed as Siming), Kaiyuan, Gulangyu and Heshan. With the victory of War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, the National Government resumed the organizational system of Xiamen Municipal Government, which was directly under the jurisdiction of Fujian Provincial Government.

1September 1949, Tongan county and Xiamen city were liberated respectively, Tongan county was the fifth area (1950 was changed to Quanzhou area and Jinjiang area), and Xiamen was the city under the jurisdiction of Fujian province.

During the period of 1950 and the month of 10, there were five districts in Xiamen: Kaiyuan, Siming, Gulangyu, Xiamen Port (later abandoned) and Heshan.

1953 Jimei Town, Tongan County is under the jurisdiction of Xiamen City.

1958 0 1 month, withdraw from mountainous areas and set up suburbs.

1In August, 958, Tongan County was included in Xiamen by Jinjiang District.

1August, 958, the Golden Gate artillery battle broke out, and Xiamen was one of the main battlefields.

1August, 966, Kaiyuan and Siming Districts were renamed Dongfeng and Xiangyang Districts (1June, 979+00).

1February, 970, Tongan County belongs to Jinjiang District (region).

1June, 973, Tongan County returned to Xiamen.

1September, 978, Xinglin District was established.

1979 0 1 year 1 month1day, the people of China * * and China's Minister of National Defense Xu issued the "Statement on Stopping the Shelling of Dajinmen Island and Xiaojinmen Island", which officially ended the Jinmen artillery battle in 2 1 year.

1987 Huli District was added, and the suburb was renamed jimei district.

1February, 1994, the State Council approved Xiamen's administrative level to be upgraded to deputy provincial level.

1May, 997, Tongan changed the county into a district. So far, Xiamen has jurisdiction over six districts: Siming District, Kaiyuan District, Xinglin District, Huli District, jimei district District and Tongan District.

1996165438+10 month, Tongan withdrew the county and changed the district.

In May, 1997, the Tongan District People's Government of Xiamen was officially listed.

In May, 2003, with the approval of the State Council, Fujian Provincial People's Government issued the Reply on Adjusting Some Administrative Divisions of Xiamen, agreeing to cancel kulangsu and Kaiyuan Districts of Xiamen, put their administrative districts under the jurisdiction of Siming District, rename Xinglin District Haicang District and establish Xiang 'an District. After the adjustment of administrative divisions, there are six districts in Xiamen, namely Siming, Huli, Jimei, Haicang, Tongan and Xiang 'an, which will remain unchanged until the end of 20 16 and 12. ?

20 14 12. the State Council decided to establish China (Fujian) Pilot Free Trade Zone. Among them, Xiamen covers an area of ***43.78 square kilometers.

References:

Baidu encyclopedia-Xiamen