Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - The origin of "Jiamusi" place name?

The origin of "Jiamusi" place name?

Jiamusi City is located in the northeast border of the motherland, in the hinterland of Sanjiang Plain where Heilongjiang, Wusuli River and Songhua River meet. It has a history of more than 6000 years of human activities. There are always different opinions about the origin of Jiamusi's name. The earlier discovery of Jiamusi's place names was the Panorama of Emperor Kangxi published in the fifty-ninth year of Kangxi (1720), in which Jiamusi's place name was "Jiamuke Temple Gashan" (Gashan means village). Jiamu Temple in the War Map of Shengjing, Jilin and Heilongjiang published by 1778, Jiamu Temple in the Map of Great Unity and Temple in the Book of Three Surnames are all original names of Jiamusi. Mu Huajun, an expert in Manchu, believes that Jiamusi is Manchu, that is, Jiamusi Kazan, Ji Ya-Mu Sai "Houcheng" and Gashan "Village" in Qing Dynasty, which is translated into Chinese as a post office or Houchengdi village. It is also said that Jiamusi means "corpse" in Manchu. According to legend, it is an ancient cemetery, and tombs of the Jin and Yuan Dynasties have been found in Aoqi area in the western suburbs. The "Huachuan County Records" published by 1926 holds that "there were four villages where Ming Si people lived, so they were named after them. It is also said that Jiamusi was once called Dongxing Town in the late Qing Dynasty, but no one knows its origin. 1888, when Jiang Mingsi, a Han nationality, lived here, his original name was changed to Jiamusi Town, which means that Jiamusi has the reputation of good wood because of its dense forest. "

Mu Huajun's statement was adopted by 1986' s Annals of Jiamusi City and 1996' s Annals of Jiamusi City: "Jiamusi's original name is' Jiamuke Temple Gashan' and' Jiamusi Tun', which is Manchu, and its free translation is Station Guantun or Yicheng Village."

According to relevant information, Jiamusi is a local name. 1888, when Yamen, the deputy commander of the three surnames, built the town in Jiamusi, it was officially called Dongxing Town. At that time, the center of the town was the straight street north market in Yonghong District, but the official name Dongxing Town was not universal, and the people still called it Jiamusi. March 1930, 1, Dongxing town was cancelled and named Jiamusi town, May 1932, 17. After the Japanese invaders occupied Jiamusi, they continued to use the place name "Jiamusi" which was familiar to local people.

1 937 65438+February1,Jiamusi Town was upgraded to Jiamusi City, which is still in use today. Jiamusi is very good, belonging to Jilin Province, pseudo-Sanjiang Province, Hejiang Province and Songjiang Province, and now it belongs to Heilongjiang Province. Today, Jiamusi has changed from a desolate fishing village to a new city on the northeast border of the motherland, and has become the political, economic, cultural center and transportation hub of Sanjiang Plain in Heilongjiang Province.