Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - What happened to the heavy rain disaster in Wulicuan Town, Lushi County on July 24, 2010?

What happened to the heavy rain disaster in Wulicuan Town, Lushi County on July 24, 2010?

What happened last year is now gone

On July 28, Vice Governor Liu Mancang led the heads of relevant provincial departments to Sanmenxia City, which suffered severe floods. Observe the disaster situation on the spot, visit and express condolences to the affected people, and inspect and guide flood prevention work.

Liu Mancang and his party went to Yangjiawan Village, Xiyan Township, Lingbao City, and Jijiazhuang Zhaikou Irrigation Area, Jiaocun Town, to conduct on-site inspections of the danger removal and reinforcement projects of the first main canal and Zhaikou Reservoir, and made every possible effort to carry out the work of the Sanmenxia cadres and the masses We would like to express our respect and gratitude for the achievements made in flood fighting and disaster relief. He emphasized that post-disaster reconstruction work should be carried out from the perspective of paying attention to people's livelihood, the lives of the affected people should be settled and taken care of, and normal production and living order should be restored as soon as possible. We must speed up the construction of houses for the disaster-stricken people and strive to enable the people to live in new houses before the weather gets cold. We must do a good job in autumn grain production and minimize post-disaster losses. We must take a long-term view, incorporate important infrastructure into long-term planning, and improve construction standards. At the same time, it is necessary to carefully summarize the successful experience in flood prevention and disaster prevention through mass prevention and treatment, and provide a model for the construction of flood and disaster prevention systems in mountainous areas. While focusing on post-disaster reconstruction, we will also do a good job in economic and social development and make new contributions to the province's flood fighting and disaster relief work. ②9

Hydrological warnings allowed more than 80,000 people to relocate in time

“If the hydrological department had not provided timely warnings, the consequences would have been disastrous.” Speaking of the heavy rainstorm on July 24, Xichuan County The person in charge of the Flood Control Office still has lingering fears.

From July 23 to 24, affected by heavy rainfall, a huge flood peak of 10,000 cubic meters per second occurred at Jingziguan Station in Danjiang, with a recurrence period exceeding once in a century. The local hydrological station notified the Xichuan County Government of this water condition information two hours in advance, and more than 40,000 people downstream of the Danjiang Jingziguan Station were relocated in time, avoiding heavy casualties.

Yang Dayong, director of the Provincial Hydrology and Water Resources Bureau, said that on July 24, due to heavy rains in the upper reaches, Siwan Town and other places in Xichuan County were covered with water. In this short-lasting, high-intensity and wide-ranging flood, the hydrological department’s timely pre-disaster warning and flood forecast played an irreplaceable role in flood prevention and disaster reduction.

Yang Dayong said that starting from this year, the rain and water regime telemetry system of our province’s hydrology department has been officially put into operation, completely replacing the traditional manual flood reporting method, and the rain response time has been shortened from the original 2 hours to the current 10 minutes. During the "7·24" flood, the Lushi County Hydrology Department issued a flash flood red warning to the entire county 2 hours in advance, and more than 40,000 people were able to relocate in time. Although this flood was faster and more severe than the "July 30" flood in 2007, the damage was reduced to a minimum.

According to statistics, during this heavy rain and flood, the hydrology department of our province collected 206,000 pieces of rain and water regime telemetry information and forwarded 226,000 pieces of information to relevant departments for real-time monitoring. Rainfall conditions, timely early warning to relevant towns and villages, and proactive disaster prevention and avoidance have provided strong support

The Sanmenxia hub scientifically regulates floods in the middle reaches of the Yellow River

From July 22 to 24, the middle reaches of the Yellow River Heavy to heavy rains fell across the region, and many tributaries experienced the largest floods since this year's flood season. According to hydrological data, the peak flow rate at Luohe Lushi Station was 1,510 cubic meters per second at 15:42, and the peak flow rate at 19:36 at Yihe Dongwan Station was 3,750 cubic meters per second.

In the face of severe flood conditions, in order to cope with the impending flood process with high sediment content in the middle reaches, the General Office of Yellow River Water Control decided to implement joint flood control dispatching of the middle reaches reservoir group (Sanmenxia, ??Xiaolangdi, Luhun, and Guxian Reservoirs). Among them, based on the evolution of floods in the Weihe River and the 2010 flood dispatch plan for the middle and lower reaches of the Yellow River, it was decided after research that the Sanmenxia Reservoir will begin to discharge floods at a flow rate of 3,000 cubic meters per second at 6:00 on July 26 until it is used for open discharge.

The Sanmenxia Junction Bureau attaches great importance to the use of flood discharge and sediment discharge. Currently, it is paying close attention to the development of flood conditions and carries out flood discharge and sediment discharge in accordance with the requirements of the Yellow River Control General to ensure the safety of Yellow River flood control. ②13

Production and self-rescue operations are busy on the banks of the Hongyang River

The scene in Liuzhuang Village, Hongyang Town, Mianchi County is shocking: The rocks carried by the flood caused the riverbed beside the village to grow 2 meters high overnight ; The river embankment protecting the village was washed to pieces; many cement roadbeds were hollowed out by the flood...

Although Liuzhuang Village was severely affected, the villagers were not overwhelmed by the flood. The reporter saw pictures of An exciting self-help scene during childbirth.

After the flood, crops were severely damaged by water. Under the guidance of agricultural science and technology personnel, the village quickly carried out rescue work. According to Shi Xiaojiang, secretary of the village party committee, the floods washed down more than 1,000 acres of corn, and so far more than 300 acres have been raised. The villagers have used wooden piles and stones to support and fix the section of road where the roadbed was hollowed out.

In Dehou Village, which is adjacent to Liuzhuang, villagers are also taking active actions. The Liuyi Bridge in the village was blocked by trees washed away by the flood, and the villagers cleared the bridge the next day.

Liuzhuang Village and Dehou Village are the epitome of post-disaster self-rescue in Hongyang Town.

During the flood, all 15 villages in Hongyang Town were affected. Transportation, communications, and power supply were all interrupted, and the town's economic losses reached 133 million yuan. The most distressing thing for the people of Hongyang Town is the comprehensive management project of the Hongyang River. This project took 5 years and invested 120 million yuan. It was about to be completed in the autumn, but it was destroyed by the flood. Seeing the devastated Hongyang River Embankment, Li Congmei, secretary of the town party committee, couldn't help crying.

When the reporter met Li Congmei on July 30, she was once dejected and now full of confidence. According to her, the town is currently embarking on an upsurge of post-disaster reconstruction and production self-rescue: 3 days after the disaster, all electricity and communications in the town were connected; the main traffic roads in 14 administrative villages have been basically unblocked; 1,500 acres of flood-damaged farmland have been treated in the town mu. ②13

“The flood control drill saved our village”

On the morning of July 30, Li Xinwa, a villager in Shangchuan Village, Jiuxian County, Song County, was sitting on a bow chair in the gatehouse of her house enjoying the cool air. . Recalling the scene of the flood a few days ago, he was still a little scared. Li Xinwa is 60 years old and has limited mobility due to cerebral hemorrhage. When the "7·24" flood occurred, he and his wife were the only two people at home. In an emergency, the village cadres brought people to the house, carried him on their backs, and left. Li Xinwa said: "The water had already risen to her chest. If it had been a little later, I couldn't even think about it..."

Wu Yongjian, director of the village committee, told reporters that there are 22 village groups in Shangchuan Village and more than 3,600 people. People all live along the Yihe River with mountains on its back and water on its side, stretching 14 to 15 kilometers from east to west. It is a key flood control village in the county.

Early before the flood season in June this year, the county organized the village cadres and more than 50 flood control commandos to conduct flood prevention and relief drills. Before the severe rainstorm on July 23, the township notified the village in time to prepare for flood prevention. On the morning of July 24, after receiving a flood warning from the township, village cadres immediately organized the people living in low-lying areas to move to higher ground according to the assignment of parcels.

“The villagers all said that it was the flood control drill conducted in advance that saved our village.” Wu Yongjian said that as soon as the flood information was received, the village immediately followed the drill plan and used a loudspeaker to The villagers shouted, and on the one hand, they organized the evacuation and safe transfer of people from house to house. According to statistics after the incident, the flood caused 49 households and 232 houses to collapse in the village, affecting more than 1,400 people, with no casualties.

Wu Yongjian said that at present, nearly 200 people whose houses collapsed in the village have been properly resettled, and the whole village is actively carrying out self-rescue in an effort to minimize the losses caused by the flood. ②8

Let the disaster go away from the people

On July 26, someone left a message in the "Voice of the Masses" column of the Neixiang County Government website - Qinmin.com: On the morning of July 24 , a major flood occurred in Tuanhe River, Neixiang County, but no one was injured or killed. The leadership made the right decision at the critical moment and saved dozens of lives.

On July 27, a netizen posted on the "Secretary and Mayor Message Board" of Nanyang News Network: In the fight against the once-in-a-century flood, the leaders of Anneixiang County decisively blasted the water on the Tuanhe River. The undercurrent interception dam prevented the huge flood from causing major disasters to us.

The bridge was closed despite accusations, but collapsed within half an hour

On July 23, heavy rain fell in the northern part of Neixiang County, and the water level of the Tuanhe River surged. At about 8 o'clock on the 24th, County Magistrate Quan Quanming and others came to Tuanhe Old Bridge to inspect the flood situation.

Under the impact of the flood peak, the safety of the old bridge was seriously threatened. After consulting water conservancy experts, Quanmin Ming decisively ordered the old bridge to be sealed immediately.

As soon as they heard that the bridge was going to be closed, some people who were passing through here on their way to work started talking about it: The old bridge had gone through decades of ups and downs, how could it just collapse?

Faced with confusion and accusations, law enforcement officers began to hesitate.

At the critical moment, Xin Ming raised his voice and ordered: "The bridge must be blocked immediately, this is an order!"

The order was quickly implemented.

Less than half an hour after the bridge closure order was issued, a row of waves hit, and the three-hole bridge of the Tuanhe Old Bridge collapsed. In less than half a minute, there was a sudden loud noise, the bridge collapsed, and waves splashed everywhere.

The dam was blown up despite "complaints" and flood diversion was successful twice

The southeastern part of Zhaodian Township, Neixiang County, has a flat terrain. The subsurface flow dam built by the local government on the Tuanhe River has facilitated the passage of thousands of people on both sides of the river. Unexpectedly, in the face of this once-in-a-century flood, the undercurrent dam would affect flood discharge, threatening the lives and property of people on both sides of the Taiwan Strait.

In the middle of the night on July 19, the mountainous area in the northern part of Neixiang encountered heavy rain and flash floods broke out. On the 22nd, the floods became increasingly severe, and the platform at the western end of the hyporheic flow dam had been washed away by the floods, creating a trench several meters deep. It seems that the flood will soon overflow the embankment and submerge nearby villages. Xin Ming, who was directing flood control and rescue operations at the scene, immediately decided to blow up the undercurrent dam after seeking expert opinions. As soon as the local people heard that the dam was going to be blown up, they firmly opposed it.

Xin Ming had no time to reason with the masses and demanded immediate execution of the order. Soon, blasting experts dived to carry out blasting and flood diversion. Subsequently, a second blasting was organized to divert the flood. Although the floods are getting worse, the lives and properties of 2,000 villagers in the villages east of the embankment have been protected.