Job Recruitment Website - Job seeking and recruitment - The historical origin of Panyu, Guangdong

The historical origin of Panyu, Guangdong

1. The origin of the name of Panyu District

There have always been different explanations for how "Panyu" got its name.

There are three main ones: First, the "two mountains" theory. "Book of the Later Han Dynasty: Geography", Tang Dynasty's "Yuanhe Prefectures and Counties Chronicles" and "Chu Xue Ji" all believe that the county is governed by Fanshan and Yushan, so they are named after them.

Huang Zuo's "Guangdong General Chronicles" of the Ming Dynasty records: "One mile to the southeast of Panyu County is called Fanshan. There are many kapok on the mountain, and Pangong is below it; it is connected from the south to one mile to the north, called Yushan. There are many pines and cypresses on it. "Huang Zuo's "Two Mountains of Panyu" says: "The two mountains were connected like a city, and they were flattened by Liu Xiang in the Southern Han Dynasty."

Panyu got its name from the two mountains. Have been together for a long time. Panyu is an ancient county established in the 33rd year of Qin Shihuang (214 BC). Panyu is the first county of Nanhai County and the seat of the county government.

The second is the theory of "one mountain", that is, the theory of the corner of a mountain. Li Daoyuan's "Shui Jing Zhu" records: "To the southeast of the city today, there is a puddle mausoleum, and the city is leaning on it. I heard that people in this county call it Fanshan; the county name is Panyu, and it is called the Yu of Fanshan."

Yu, that is, Yu, refers to a nearby place. The third is the theory of "barbarian land".

In 1953, a lacquer box with the word "Fanyu" stamped on it was unearthed from the early Western Han Dynasty tomb No. 1 in Shitou Gang, Xicun, Guangzhou. In 1983, a lacquer box with the word "Fanyu" inscribed on it was unearthed from the tomb of the Nanyue King in Xianggang, Guangzhou in 1983. Two-character Chinese-style bronze tripod. According to the unearthed cultural relics in the "Test of the Founding of Guangzhou City", archaeologist Mai Yinghao believes that from the Qin to the early Han Dynasty, the "Fan" in Panyu was written as "fan", which is related to the "fan".

It means barbarians and barbarians. "The Rites of Zhou·Qiu Guan" says: "Beyond the Kyushu it is called the Fan Kingdom."

Yu, Yuyu, refers to a region or a remote place. Before the Qin and Han Dynasties, there was a remote corner of Panyu. The Central Plains people regarded it as a remote barbarian land, so it was named after it.

The above three theories are not conclusive. The provincial, prefectural and county annals of the past dynasties mostly held the theory of "two mountains".

Many places in China have the custom of naming places after mountains and rivers. Most people follow the ancient theory and believe that Panyu was named after Fanshan and Yushan. . 2. The origin of the name Panyu

Panyu City is located in the south of Guangdong Province, in the center of the Pearl River Delta, with a total area of ??1,313.8 square kilometers. It is connected to Guangzhou in the north, Zhongshan and Zhuhai in the south, Dongguan in the east, and Shunde and Nanhai in the west. It only takes one hour by boat from Panyu Lianhuashan Port or Nansha Port to Hong Kong, and the transportation is very convenient.

In the 33rd year of Qin Shihuang (214 BC), Nanhai County was established. Panyu was the first county under Nanhai County and the seat of Nanhai County. More than 2,000 years ago, Panyu was an important port city. "Historical Records·Biographies of Huo Shi" once said that "Panyu is also a metropolis" and was listed as one of the nine metropolises in the country. It turns out that the county boundary was very wide. From the Han Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty, the main counties and cities in today's Pearl River Delta and the Hong Kong and Macao regions were directly or indirectly demarcated. Historically, Panyu was mostly the seat of the first, second, and third-level local governments, and it was located in the political, economic, and cultural center of Guangdong.

From the Qing Dynasty to the early Republic of China, Panyu and Nanhai governed Guangzhou in two halves: east and west. Guangzhou was officially established as a city in 1921. Panyu County Office moved to Xinzao in 1933 and then to Shiqiao in 1945. In January 1958, Yudong and Yubei were designated as suburbs of Guangzhou City. In December of the same year, Panyu and Shunde merged to form Panshun County. Half a year later, the establishment of the two counties was restored, and Zhongshan County's Dagang, Wanqingsha, Nansha, Huangge and other places were assigned to Panyu. In May 1992, with the approval of the State Council, the county was removed and established as a city, and the city government was still established as Shiqiao Town. On May 21, 2000, the State Council issued a reply approving the cancellation of Panyu City and Huadu City by Guangdong Province and the establishment of Panyu District and Huadu District in Guangzhou City. On July 10, the listing ceremony for the removal of Panyu city from city to district was held in the administrative office building. Since then, Panyu has become an administrative district under the jurisdiction of Guangzhou City. 3. History

The history of the Guangzhou area (not exactly Guangzhou today) was formerly known as Panyu, around the time of the Qin Dynasty (the 33rd year of Qin Shihuang).

In the thirty-third year of Qin Shi Huang (214 BC), Qin Shi Huang sent Ren Xiao and Zhao Tuo to lead their troops south to unify Lingnan.

After Renxiao pacified Lingnan, he served as Nanhai County Lieutenant and built a city in Panyu County, Nanhai County as the county seat. Because it was located in Fanshan and Yushan mountains, it was named "Panyu City" (historically known as "Renxiao City", and its scope is today's Cangbian To the west of the road, there is the Children's Park to the west of Cangbian Road in Yuexiu District (the site of the Nanyue Palace Department in Guangzhou), the Guangzhou Municipal Cultural Bureau, and the Guangdong Provincial Department of Finance).

At the end of the Qin Dynasty, Nanhai County Lieutenant Ren Xiao summoned Zhao Tuo, the Longchuan County Magistrate, when he was critically ill. He told Panyu that "there are dangerous mountains to block the South China Sea" and "it is possible to establish a country." He also appointed Zhao Tuo as his deputy under the pretense of Qin's order. Lieutenant of Nanhai County. In the third year of Emperor Gaozu of the Han Dynasty (204 BC), Zhao Tuo proclaimed himself the King of Nanyue and made Panyu his capital. Yuexiu Mountain in today's Guangzhou City was named after the King of Yue at that time.

"Historical Records·Biography of Huozhi" says: "Panyu is also one of the largest cities" and it was one of the nine largest cities in the country at that time. 4. The historical origin of Guangzhou

The earliest city in Guangzhou with historical records is the Qin Panyu City more than 2,200 years ago, which is known as "Renxiao City" in history. In the 33rd year of the First Emperor of Qin (214 BC), Qin unified Lingnan and established prefectures and counties. Panyu was governed by Nanhai County. Ren Xiao, the chief general of the Qin Army, was appointed as Nanhai County Lieutenant. Panyu was governed by people and built city walls. Judging from the literature and unearthed cultural relics that have been discovered so far, the "Panyu City" built by Wei Renxiao of Nanhai after Qin unified Lingnan was the earliest city in Guangzhou, and it is also the earliest known city in Lingnan. In 206 BC, Zhao Tuo established the Nanyue Kingdom and built Zhao Tuo City "Zhou Shili".

In the sixth year of Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty (111 BC), the Han Dynasty pacified the Nanyue Kingdom and divided the territory of Nanyue into nine counties including Nanhai. The Nanhai County was governed in Panyu. This is where the name Guangzhou comes from. "Panyu City" and "Guangzhou": Modern Guangzhou began to take shape during the Ming and Qing Dynasties.

Specific information can be found on the following website, which was originally published in the "Guangzhou Daily" on New Year's Day of the new millennium, 2000. The website is: //people/item/yjxqn/sjhg/0425. 5. The origin of Panyu City Bridge in Guangzhou

Emperor Qianlong's "Panyu County Chronicle" records: City Bridge "was originally proposed to be a county government, with a city gate already established, but later it was changed to an attached county. Today the two rivers are still called Dongchengyong , Xichengyong". It is said that in the past, the stone plaque beside the gate of Dongchengyong Bridge (the former site is the intersection of Dabei, Dongchong, Dadong and Qiaodong Roads) was engraved with the three characters "Shiqiao City". Later, some people read these three characters upside down as "Shiqiao City". "Shi", due to the incomplete character of "Shi", it was read as "Shiqiao" by convention. As a place name, it is still used today. However, at the end of the Qing Dynasty, the rural affairs office was still called "Shiqiao Office" (its former location was on Shuibianwu Street, and it was demolished in 1992 when the road was built).

In the Qing Dynasty, Shiqiao belonged to Shawan Dupingkang Society and was the residence of Shawan Inspection Department. During the Republic of China, it was Shiqiao Township and the first district headquarters. After the victory of the Anti-Japanese War, the county was moved here. In 1950, it became a district-level town. From December 1958 to May 1964, it was renamed Shiqiao Town People's Commune (hereinafter all people's communes are referred to as "commune"). In the early 1980s, it was designated as a satellite city of Guangzhou City.

The southwest, north and northeast sides of the town are low hills. The old town area is surrounded by Shiqiao Waterway, Tung Chung (opened as a road during the Republic of China), Xichong, and Bei Chung (changed to a sewer in 1984, and the upper part was a ring road). In the mid-1980s, three residential areas were expanded: Xincheng, Dongcheng and Beicheng.

The total area of ??the town (including waters within its jurisdiction. The same is true for all towns below) is 5.94 square kilometers. The area of ??the town's blocks is nearly 4 square kilometers. There are 1,830 acres of paddy fields, 906 acres of dry (base) land, and 147 acres of fish ponds. It has jurisdiction over 7 residential management areas including Danan, Haibang, Qiaodong, Xifang, Xincheng, Dongcheng and Beicheng, and 6 village committees including Eastern Suburb, Southern Suburb, Western Suburb, Beijiao, Shawei 1 and Shawei 2, 16 Villager groups (number in 1991. The same for each town below). In January 1992, Shatou Town was merged into Shiqiao. 6. Historically, Guangzhou seems to have been called Panyu before. When was that period?

In the thirty-third year of Qin Shi Huang (214 BC), Qin Shi Huang sent Ren Xiao and Zhao Tuo to lead their troops south to unify Lingnan.

After Ren Xiao pacified Lingnan, he served as Nanhai County Lieutenant and built a city in Panyu County, Nanhai County as the county government. It was named "Panyu City" because it was located in Fanshan and Yushan.

At the end of the Qin Dynasty, Nanhai County Lieutenant Ren Xiao summoned Zhao Tuo, the Longchuan County Magistrate, when he was critically ill. He told Panyu that "there are dangerous mountains to block the South China Sea" and "it is possible to establish a country." He also appointed Zhao Tuo as his deputy under the pretense of Qin's order. Lieutenant of Nanhai County.

In the third year of Emperor Gaozu of the Han Dynasty (204 BC), Zhao Tuo proclaimed himself the King of South Vietnam and made Panyu his capital. Yuexiu Mountain in today's Guangzhou City was named after the King of Yue at that time. "Historical Records·Biography of Huozhi" says: "Panyu is also one of the largest cities" and was one of the nine largest cities in the country at that time.

Regarding the interpretation of the word "Fanyu", academic circles have different opinions and cannot agree on one.

The most mainstream theory is that the name "Panyu" comes from the fact that there are two mountains "Fanshan" and "Yushan" in Guangzhou City, but because the specific name of "Yushan" is not known* ** This statement is highly controversial.

Several other theories believe that "fan", "fan" and "fan" were used interchangeably in ancient times, referring to remote and remote places. "Yu" means region, and "Panyu" means The Lingnan region, far away from the Central Plains Dynasty. 7. What is the historical origin of Guangdong?

Guangdong is called "Baiyue" in "Lu's Spring and Autumn Annals", "Nanyue" in "Historical Records", "Nanyue" in "Hanshu", and Yue. Yuetong, also referred to as Yue, generally refers to the Lingnan area.

In 222 BC, after King Yingzheng of Qin unified the six countries, he sent Tu Sui to lead 500,000 Qin troops to attack Lingnan "because of the southern expedition to the king of Baiyue"; in 214 BC, the Qin army basically Go up and occupy Lingnan. Immediately, Qin Shihuang established the three counties of "Guilin, Xiangjun, and Nanhai" in the Lingnan area he had captured. The jurisdiction of Nanhai County is bordered by the South China Sea in the southeast, extending to present-day Hezhou, Guangxi in the west, and connecting to Nanling in the north, including parts of present-day eastern Guangdong, northern Guangdong, central Guangdong and western Guangdong. It governs Panyu, Longchuan, Boluo, Jieyang, and Sihui5 A county governs Panyu. Most of today's Guangdong Province belongs to Nanhai County. In addition, Zhanjiang and other places belong to Xiang County, part of western Guangdong belongs to Guilin County, and part of northern Guangdong belongs to Changsha County. This is the first time in the history of Guangdong that administrative regions have been divided. 8. The historical origin of Guangzhou

Guangzhou, referred to as Sui, is also known as Yangcheng, Suicheng, Suiyuan, Xiancheng, and Huacheng; it was formerly known as the provincial capital (province for short), or Panyu (county), Nanhai (county) ).

It is located in southern China, southern Guangdong Province, and the northern edge of the Pearl River Delta. The Xijiang, Beijiang, and Dongjiang waterways converge here, bordering the South China Sea, the estuary of the Pearl River, and adjacent to Hong Kong and Macao. It has an advantageous geographical location. The starting point of the "Maritime Silk Road" is known as the "Southern Gate" of China. Guangzhou is a famous cultural city with a long history, founded in 214 BC.

When Guangzhou was first built, its name was Ren Xiaocheng. As early as the Zhou Dynasty in the ninth century BC, the "Baiyue" people here had been communicating with the Chu people in the middle reaches of the Yangtze River, and they built "Chu Ting", which was the earliest name for Guangzhou.

In the 33rd year of Qin Shihuang (214 BC), Nanhai County was established after unifying Lingnan, and the county governed "Panyu", which is today's Guangzhou). In 226 AD, Sun Quan divided Jiaozhou into two parts, Jiaozhou and Guangzhou, to facilitate his rule, hence the name "Guangzhou".

It was not until 1921 that the City Hall was established, specifically referring to the city of Guangzhou. Guangzhou was a prosperous city during the Qin and Han Dynasties. It was the starting port of the maritime "Silk Road" since the Han and Tang Dynasties. During the Song and Yuan Dynasties, Italian traveler Odoric said that Guangzhou was three times larger than Venice, the world-famous commercial city at that time.

When the Qing Dynasty was closed to the outside world, Guangzhou No. 13 was the only port open to the outside world in China. It monopolized the country's foreign trade and was also China's earliest foreign trade port. Guangzhou is the birthplace of modern China and the modern revolution.

The famous Sanyuanli People’s Anti-British Struggle, Huanghuagang Uprising and Guangzhou Uprising all took place in Guangzhou. Sun Yat-sen founded the Whampoa Military Academy in Guangzhou and established provisional regimes three times.

*** The Peasant Movement Institute established here has trained a large number of revolutionary backbones. Zhang Tailei, Ye Ting, Mao Zedong and others led the Guangzhou Uprising here and established the Guangzhou Soviet regime "Guangzhou Commune".

In 1992, Zeng Bangzhe was the first in the world to propose the concept and model of systems medicine at the First National Symposium on Comparative Study of Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine.

Lu Xun, Guo Moruo, Yu Dafu, Peng Pai, Ma Sicong, Zou Xiaoyang, Gu Xiyun, Yu Dechao, Zhong Jiewu, etc. also came to Guangzhou to spread advanced culture.

In 1982, the State Council announced the ancient city of Guangzhou as a national historical and cultural city. Legend of Yangcheng Guangzhou is also known as "Five Yangcheng" and "Suicheng".

There is a beautiful story behind the nickname of Guangzhou. It is said that during the Zhou Dynasty, Guangzhou suffered from famine for many years and the people were in dire straits. One day, five colorful auspicious clouds floated over the South China Sea, with five immortals riding on fairy goats holding five-colored rice ears in their mouths.

The immortal gave ears of rice to the people and blessed the place to never have famine. After the immortal left, the five immortal sheep stayed behind because they were attached to the human world, and blessed the local area with good weather.

To thank the five immortals, the people built a "Five Immortals Temple" where they stayed. In the temple, there are statues of the Five Immortals, accompanied by stone statues of the Five Rams. There is already a "Five Ram Sculpture" in Yuexiu Park, and this legend has been used as the mascot of the 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games.

Cultural relics and historic sites Guangzhou has many cultural relics and historic sites. There are currently 219 cultural relics protection units at the national, provincial and municipal levels, including 19 national key cultural relics protection units, 41 provincial-level cultural relics protection units, and 159 municipal-level cultural relics protection units.

The Qin and Han Dynasty shipbuilding ruins and the Nanyue Palace Administration ruins have been discovered along Zhongshan Fourth Road. The Nanyue Palace Administration ruins have been rated as one of the “Top Ten New Archaeological Discoveries in the Country” twice. Currently, three historical sites of the South Vietnam Kingdom, including the Palace Administration Site of the South Vietnam Kingdom, the Tomb of the King of South Vietnam, and the Watergate Site of the South Vietnam Kingdom, are jointly applying for the United Nations World Cultural Heritage.

Reference: ://baike.baidu/view/5649.#2. 9. Does Guangzhou have the longest history or Panyu has the longest history?

The original answer is I don’t know.

Panyu has a longer history than Guangzhou. Panyu has a long history and is the oldest county in China. It was founded in the 33rd year of Qin Shihuang (214 BC) and was governed by Nanhai County.

It is named because it is located in Fanshan Mountain and Yushan Mountain (it also comes from the ancient Vietnamese word "big village"). In 204 BC, it became the capital of the South Vietnam Kingdom. Today's Yuexiu Mountain in Guangzhou was named after the Yue King at that time.

In the 22nd year of Jian'an of the Eastern Han Dynasty (AD 217), the administrative seat of Jiaozhou was moved to Panyu, and it became the seat of the state, county and county. During the Sui, Tang and Northern Song Dynasties, it was incorporated into Nanhai County.

Panyu was an important port throughout the country in the past dynasties, playing the role of a trading port. After 1949, Panyu County was reestablished.

In January 1975, it was placed under the jurisdiction of Guangzhou City. In May 1992, Panyu County was abolished and Panyu City (county level) was established, still under the jurisdiction of Guangzhou City.

In 2000, the city was removed from the city, changed to a district, and merged into Guangzhou City. In 2005, Nansha District was separated from Panyu District. Panyu District is now part of the north and south of Shawan River, covering an area of ??770.13 square kilometers. 1. Panyu’s famous historical heroes

Deng Shichang (1849.10.4~1894.9.17) was a naval general in the late Qing Dynasty, a national hero, and a native of Panyu, Guangzhou (now Haizhu District).

During the Yellow Sea War between China and Japan on September 17, 1894, he served as the commander of the "Zhiyuan" ship. Even at the critical moment when the ship was damaged and all its bombs were exhausted, the command remained firm and the ship rushed towards the Japanese ship "Yoshino", determined to perish together with the enemy.

Unfortunately, he encountered a Japanese torpedo on the way and died together with all the military policemen on the ship. He was given the posthumous title of "Zhuang Jie" and was given the title of Prince Edward.

Xian Xinghai (1905.5~1945.10.20) People’s Musician. A native of Panyu, Guangzhou.

He composed more than 500 songs in his life, and his representative works include "Yellow River Cantata", "Production Cantata", "Go to the Enemy's Rear Area", "On the Taihang Mountains", "Hot Blood", etc. He is the author of "On the Formation of Chinese National Music", "Folk Songs and Chinese Emerging Music", etc.

Qu Dajun (1630~1696) was a Ming and Qing scholar, poet, and anti-Qing strategist. He was originally from Panyu. Actively supported and cooperated with Zheng Chenggong in gathering his fleet to besiege Nanjing. After Zheng's army retreated, he continued to advocate resistance to the Qing Dynasty.

In 1673, Wu Sangui rebelled against the Qing Dynasty in Yunnan, so he entered Hunan from Guangdong and joined the army. He discussed military and national plans with Wu Sangui. Later, he realized that Wu Sangui's rebellion against the Qing Dynasty and restoration of the Ming Dynasty was false, but that he had established himself as emperor was true, so he resigned and returned home. Here, I devoted myself to writing. His works include "Guangdong New Language", "Cheng Ren Tiao of the Four Dynasties of the Ming Dynasty", "Weng Shan's Literature", "Weng Shan's Poetry", "A Brief Poetry of Weng Shan", etc.

Chen Shuren (1883-1948), a native of Panyu, Guangdong, was one of the founders of the Lingnan School of Painting and a famous political activist. Chen studied painting under Ju Lian in his early years.

In 1905, he joined the Tongmenghui and studied at the Kyoto Academy of Fine Arts in Japan. Later he participated in the reorganization work of the Communist Party of China and settled in Guangzhou in 1947 to concentrate on painting.

His works include: poetry collection "War Dust Collection", painting collection "Chen Shuren Chinese Painting Collection", "Chen Shuren Sketch Collection", etc. On November 26, 1988, the "Chen Shuren Memorial Hall" was completed and opened.

The museum is located at No. 10 Shuqian Road, Dongshan District. It was built on the land of Chen Shuren’s ruined former residence. It is a round arch building inlaid with white marble and has a two-story exhibition hall. There is also a memorial to Chen Shuren. The "Sifu Building" of martyr Chen Fu, son of the Communist Party member. Yan Haochang was the leader of the Sanyuanli people’s anti-British struggle.

A native of Tangxia Township (now Tangxia), Panyu, Guangdong. Farmer origin.

He loves to practice martial arts and is nicknamed "Dingquan Chang". During the anti-British struggle in 1841, he participated in regiment training as a volunteer.

On May 30, when the people of 103 Township near Sanyuanli surrounded and annihilated the British army in Niulangang, he led the villagers to participate in the battle, killed the British Major Bi Xia, and pursued them in the rain. , waiting for the opportunity to fight, calm and brave. Afterwards, he did not seek fame or fortune, but continued farming to survive.

In 1854, the Guangdong Tiandihui Red Turban Army uprising occurred. The Qing government regarded them as members of the congregation and wanted to arrest them, so they fled to other places and did not return until about three years ago. He died at the age of eighty.

Supplement: Yan Haochang, leader of the Sanyuanli people’s anti-British struggle. Also known as Yongxiang.

A native of Panyu, Guangdong. He is tall and strong, loves martial arts, and is nicknamed "Dingquan Chang".

On May 30, 1841, when the people of Sanyuanli in northern Guangzhou were encircling and annihilating the British invading army in Niulangang, they led a number of volunteers to kill the British major at Zatang Ridge near Niulangang. Xia. The villagers praised him: "There is a 'Ding Fist Master' who can kill ghosts without even taking a puff of cigarettes."

He is upright by nature and unwilling to interact with the government. He once said: "If you are not born in a yamen, you will not die in hell."

After the glorious victory of the Sanyuanli people’s anti-British struggle, they did not seek fame or fortune, nor did they seek rewards for their merits. After the Opium War, he still worked as a farmer to survive.

In 1854, the people of Sanyuanli responded to the Taiping Rebellion and joined forces with the Tiandihui Red Scarf Army uprising team to resist the Qing Dynasty. The Qing government called them "red-headed thieves" and sent troops to arrest them. When the Qing soldiers surrounded the front door, they violently pushed down the doors and windows and escaped. Three years later, he returned to his hometown and was over 80 years old.

He Xian (1908-1983) He Xian, whose original name was He Xiangxian, was a native of Yingtang Village, Yuexi Township, Shilou Town, Panyu. His father's name is Chengxi, his brother He Tian.

Ho Yin is one of the early celebrities in Macau to support New China. He has donated a lot to public welfare and construction in his hometown.

As early as 1947, he donated money to expand the Yuexi School in his hometown. Since the late 1970s, it has helped build the Dashi Bridge, Luoxi Bridge, and Panyu Hotel; donated money to build Chengxi Tower and Biqiu Tower for the People's Hospital, and purchased medical equipment; donated funds to rebuild the Lotus Tower, and also donated funds to Shilou Town and Yuexi The township has built a number of public welfare facilities.

In order to improve the conditions of the County Maternal and Child Health Hospital, Ho Xian personally selected the location of the new hospital in Shiqiao (when it was built, Ho Xian had unfortunately passed away. To commemorate his achievements, it was also named "Ho Xian Memorial Hospital" "). On December 6, 1983, Ho Yin passed away in Hong Kong.

Flags across Macau were flown at half-mast for three days in mourning, and the highest honor was presented with the Gold Medal of Valor.

Ho Xian was previously a member of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, a standing committee member of the All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce, a director of China International Trust and Investment Co., Ltd., a vice chairman of the Board of Trustees of Jinan University, and the chairman and general manager of Macau Dafeng Bank. He serves as the President of the Macau Chinese General Chamber of Commerce, the Chairman of the Macau Kiang Wu Hospital Charity Association, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the University of East Asia in Macau, and the Vice Chairman of the Macau Legislative Council.

Deng Shichang Qu Dajun Chen Shuren He Xian.