Job Recruitment Website - Zhaopincom - Geographical environment of Ryukyu Township

Geographical environment of Ryukyu Township

The whole island is booty-shaped, and there are two grabens on the surface, one northeast-southwest and the other northwest-southeast. These two small grabens intersect in the center of the island, and the whole island is divided into four small platforms, so it is called "Caesarean Island", which has great research value in geology. Coral reefs are composed of low hills, with almost no flat land, and the soil is all red because of lateralization. The basement is argillaceous shale, which is the ancient pavilion pit layer in the third and new centuries, and the surface is covered with coral reef limestone. There is no river, and the highest point is 87 meters on the southeast platform. Benyu is the only coral island in Taiwan Province Province. Its surface is covered with coral limestone, and its coast is surrounded by uplift coral reefs. Limestone cave topography and coral reef coastal topography are all over the island, such as Wugui Cave, Ren Mei Cave and Mangosteen Gully. The limestone of the coral in Ryukyu Island is similar to that of Fengshan Coral, and the surfaces of the four platforms in Ryukyu Island are all covered with red soil, showing red soil platforms.

These laterites are the products of long-term weathering of coral limestone. The result of weathering is that only insoluble red iron oxide, silicon oxide and other impurities remain in coral limestone, which becomes bright red, and they are barren and dry places, which are not suitable for farming. Ryukyu Island is different from other outlying islands in Taiwan Province Province, such as Orchid Island or Green Island, which belongs to coral island, and exposed coral reef limestone can be seen everywhere. Coral polyps gather and grow, secreting calcium and depositing it on coral reefs. Coral is replaced by life and death, and the new coral continues to build reefs on the dead coral skeleton, accumulating and gradually becoming coral reef limestone.

In addition to coral reef limestone, clastic limestone has appeared in some places on the island. When coral reefs are broken into sand by sea waves, they are transported, accumulated and cemented to form secondary clastic coral reef limestone. terrestrial animal

Little Ryukyu has a primitive tropical coastal forest with unique wild animals. Birds are mainly resident birds such as Pulsatilla chinensis and green embroidered birds; Summer migratory birds include yellow-headed heron and domestic swallow; Winter migratory birds include sandpipers and red-tailed shrike; There are passing birds on the coast in autumn and winter, such as the red-bellied eagle and the gray-faced eagle. If you are lucky, you can also see rare blackbirds. Butterflies are mostly butterflies such as Papilio, Papilio and Nymphalia. In summer, fireflies can be seen flying around Ren Mei Cave and Mangosteen Gully in Little Ryukyu.

Intertidal animals

The Little Ryukyu Sea is rich in fish resources, with at least 63/kloc-0 species of fish and about 468 species of molluscs. Although the number of crustaceans is about 53, some species are considerable and colorful, especially hermit crabs can be seen everywhere on the beach, while large terrestrial hermit crabs often hide between rock walls and reefs. Mayer, a sea urchin, and Centipede, a cockscomb and a snake tail, are the most common intertidal species, living in the crevices of intertidal zone. Coral resources are also quite rich. The whole Ryukyu is surrounded by a raised coral reef, and colorful fish swim around it, which is very suitable for snorkeling activities. The biggest spiritual sustenance of the island residents is to pray to God and worship Buddha, especially the construction of temples. There are about 60 or 70 temples in China, and the larger ones are Lingshan Temple, Xingshan Temple, Narcissus Palace, Feng Teng Palace, Fuquan Palace, Sanlong Palace, Sanxian Palace, Biyun Temple, Wugong Palace, Shenghou Palace, Wang Mu Palace, Shuixing Palace, Tianxing Palace, Sanxing Palace and Wulian Palace.

Most of the ancestors of Kao Ryukyu came from Quanzhou and Zhangzhou, Fujian, so islanders worshipped local and local gods. Although the Dutch brought Christianity (there is also a Presbyterian church on the island), Spain brought Catholicism, and the Japanese brought Shinto (Catholicism, religious practice) and Buddhism (Tiantai Sect, Shinto Sect), they all recovered quickly with the change of rulers. Although the villagers worship different gods, they are all sincere. Good men believe in women and worship God, and are almost regarded as omnipotent masters, ranging from getting sick and seeking medical treatment to building fishing boats and going out to sea, choosing the right time for weddings and funerals, building houses and breaking ground, and completing new homes.

Living at sea, life is at stake. He can only pray for the knowledge, protection and blessing of the gods, and good weather. According to this belief, he is devout, but he has to do so because of the needs of the environment. So he spent a lot of money on sacrifices, especially on the Christmas day of Guanyin Buddha on February 19 th of the lunar calendar, and the residents on the island almost went into a frenzy. Every temple in every village has activities to enjoy playing outside the platform, which lasts for 50 or 60 days and becomes. Every three years, the residents of the whole town will go back to their hometown to participate in the activities of welcoming the Lord, which is the most important event in their hometown no matter where they are. Ryukyu Island is a horst platform composed of coral stones, and the coastline is more important. Ancient rocks stand in the sea. Although there are some sand and stones in Baishawei, Shanban Road, Aozikou and the seaside, the offshore rocks are scattered, making it difficult for ships to dock.

After Japan came to Taiwan, it believed that the construction of the port really supported the development of Ryukyu. In the 25th year of the Republic of China (in the 11th year of Showa, Japan, AD 1936), the "Ryukyu Village Refuge Port" was built at Baishawei, and it was completed on the 25th of October 1937 the following year, with a total project cost of 80,000 yen.

After the recovery of Taiwan, the whole province was in a state of great waste because of the bombing by the allied forces at the end of World War II, and the government could do nothing. Gundam 1956 Because Ryukyu Island is surrounded by the sea and the nearby sea surface is rich in fish, the government has been forced to park some fishing boats in the villages and the offshore of Macao. More than 90% of islanders make a living by fishing. Moreover, due to the narrow berth of Baishawei Fishing Port, some fishing boats are forced to berth in the open sea of villages and Macao, which often leads to shipwrecks and deaths due to seasonal strong winds or tidal currents, and the lives and property of fishermen cannot be guaranteed.

Therefore, the Baishawei safe haven was expanded. The first phase of the project started in March of that year (1956) and was completed in May of the following year (1957). The second phase of the project started in May 1958 and was completed in May of the following year. (This project is located in front of today's old people's association, so it is generally called "Neigangzai". The expansion of this project has a far-reaching impact on promoting the development and prosperity of Ryukyu Township.

However, as the number of fishing boats increased, the government established a second fishing port. 197 1, Taiwan Province Provincial Fisheries Bureau conducted investigation and planning in Dafu Village. After the completion of this new fishing port, the development of fishing and sightseeing, convenient transportation and prosperous economic benefits are really incalculable, and Ryukyu has entered an epoch-making new milestone.

The main purpose of opening Kaudaliao Fishing Port is to serve as an auxiliary port for Ryukyu fishing boats to rest and shelter from the wind. Because Ryukyu is limited by geographical environment and laws, it is impossible to set up a fishing market. All the catches of fishing boats are transported to the fish markets in Donggang and Kaohsiung District for sale, and the oil, water, ice, food and other materials and supplies needed for going to sea need to be supplied by Taiwan Province Island. The construction goal of the new fishing port is only to shelter from the wind. Postal services in Taiwan Province Province began in the Ming Dynasty. According to the system of Ming dynasty, it was set up to let soldiers bravely deliver affairs, and it was still used in Qing dynasty. The postal service in Pingtung began in the 58th year of Kangxi (A.D. 17 19) and ended in the 20th year of Guangxu (A.D. 1894). According to the plan of part D of Fengshan county interview book, Donggang store was added.

After the establishment of Taiwan Province Province, Governor Liu Mingchuan, referring to the precedent of "China Customs Postal Regulations" published in January 14th of Guangxu, implemented new postal service on June 14th based on the post system. There are four types of post stations: main station, main station, waist station and side station. Taipei and even Tainan have set up a main station. One-day tour between the two places (North and South Road) is the main station, the middle station is the waist station, and its branch line is the side station. The delivery method is postal delivery, and the speed is ten miles per hour. It takes seven and a half days from Taipei to Hengchun Town. If you want to send a private letter, you need to pay a high price for wine.

After the Japanese came to Taiwan, they began to handle public postal services on January 1st in the 22nd year of Guangxu (1896), and the Postal Law was implemented in October in the 26th year of Guangxu (1900). Later, they gradually developed with the traffic authorities (according to the 300-year history of Gaozi ruling Taiwan Province Province). Ryukyu Island is isolated in the Taiwan Province Strait, and its development is slow. The post office was established as late as 1960 10.5 after the retrocession, and its address is located in Zhongshan Road, Benfu Village.

Telecommunications and telephone

The establishment of Taiwan Province Telecom began in the 13th year of Tongzhi in Qing Dynasty, and the Japanese army occupied the Peony Society. Shen Baozhen, an imperial envoy, ordered Tainan to set up an emergency power line. In the 3rd year of Guangxu reign (1877), the fortifications from Tainan to Fengshan Banner were first set up, and the two lines from Xianzhi to Anping and Qihou, with a total length of 95 Hua Road, were southbound routes, which were completed in September of the same year. After Japanese occupation of Taiwan Province, public telegrams began in December of the 20th year of Guangxu (1894). Since the 14th year of the Republic of China (1925), Pingtung has set up a new wireless telecommunication bureau in Eguanbi, with an access distance of 1200 km. In the 16th year of Guangxu (1890), the British applied for installing telephones in this province, but it was not approved. After the Japanese occupation of Taiwan Province, in March of the 26th year of Guangxu (1900), the organization rules of the Telecommunications Bureau of the Governor's Office of Taiwan Province Province were published, the telephone wiring rules of Taiwan Province Province were formulated in April of the same year, and telephone service began in July.

The telecommunication service of Ryukyu Island was started on 1 1 October 30th, 2006 (in the 12th year of Showa, Japan, AD 1937), and was completed in May of the following year, with a total project cost of 12000 yen. After the recovery of Taiwan, the Ryukyu Telecommunications Bureau under the jurisdiction of Kaohsiung Telecommunications Bureau was established in June1963 65438+1October 18, and was handled by the township office. Since then, long-distance calls have been paged abroad to make calls, and the villagers are glad that the time and space distance between outlying islands has been shortened.

1973 1 01October 31day to install switches and open manual local calls. At that time, it was a handheld phone, and it was still inconvenient to connect with external calls through ultrashort wave wireless circuits, so it was not widely used. Finally, on September 2 1978, it was changed into a telecommunications bureau, and the first director, Mr. Xiong Wen, eliminated the manual hand-held telephone on September 4 1 981. The lighting power for Ryukyu started from 1969 and was taken by Mr. Wang Hai, the township head. At the beginning, a rural thermal power plant was built next to Guanyin Pavilion in Daliao to provide heat for household lighting. At that time, the villagers applauded. However, because the electricity bill is too expensive, the power is weak and insufficient, and the power supply time is very short, which can not meet the needs of the villagers.

In order to reduce the burden on villagers and improve the living standard of outlying islands, the government handed over the factory to Taiwan Electric Power Company on April 1974, and moved the factory to the seaside of Guizai Road in Dafu Village. The electricity price is also calculated according to the island of Taiwan Province province with a connection, but there are still restrictions on the amount and time of power supply, which still fails to satisfy users.

In order to cooperate with the government's policy of improving the living conditions of residents in outlying islands and fully meet the power demand of Ryukyu residents, Taipower resolutely decided to lay submarine cables between Taiwan Province Island and Ryukyu Island, and connect them to the island's power system to supply the power needed by Ryukyu. The cable laying project started on April 5th, 1980, and was completed on June 25th of the same year (contracted by Japan), with a total length of14.7km and a total project cost of1.600 million yuan. After Mr. Chen, chairman of Taipower, pressed the button to turn on electricity, the whole town entered full-time power supply, and the problem of residents' electricity consumption was finally completely solved. Ryukyu has poor soil and insufficient underground water sources. Not only is there no irrigation, but there is also a deep lack of drinking water and washing in daily life. This is a painful experience for islanders since ancient times. 1In August, 960, the government sent experts to drill and measure the groundwater layer, so Ryukyu Water Supply Station was set up, which belonged to Donggang Operation Office of Taiwan Province Water Supply Company, to extract groundwater and supply the whole town with it, and the water shortage problem was solved.

It is only because of the steep terrain of Ryukyu that rainwater is easy to run off, especially in 1979 and 1980, there is no rain for a long time, which leads to the exhaustion of underground water sources and the increasingly serious water shortage. Residents often have the fear that they cannot use water for three meals. Women often line up at the well and wait for an hour or two without getting a bucket of fresh water. In view of this, the villagers once asked to send warships to transport fresh water from Taiwan Province Province to Ryukyu, and then use fire engines to deliver it to users.

In order to completely solve this problem, Taiwan Province Water Supply Company, under the instruction of President Jiang Jingguo, spent a huge sum of 230 million yuan 198 1 on May 20th to lay a submarine pipeline between Taiwan Province Island (Qifeng Village, Linbian Township) and Ryukyu. The longest submarine pipeline project in East Asia was completed on July 19 of the same year (contracted by Japan). On the same day, Chairman Lin of Taiwan Provincial Government visited Qifeng Primary School in Linbian Township to preside over the water supply ceremony. At that time, the weather was bad and stormy. However, the celebration hosted by county magistrate Ke was still unusually warm. Their gratitude and joy are beyond words. The drinking water problem that residents have been deeply worried about for generations has finally been completely solved by the benevolent government after Ryukyu was electrified all day.