Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - Who is the suspect in the Manchester bombing announced by the British police?

Who is the suspect in the Manchester bombing announced by the British police?

During a concert held at the Manchester Arena in the UK on Monday (22nd) evening, a huge explosion occurred at the venue, killing at least 22 and injuring 59, including a child as young as 8 years old.

The Manchester police announced that the suspect responsible for the bombing was Salman Abedi. The suspect was born in Manchester and is 22 years old. He studied at the University of Salford in Manchester. . The suspect's family is believed to be from Libya, and neighbors said the family flies the Libyan flag at certain times of the year.

It is reported that Abedi’s parents immigrated to the UK in order to escape the Gaddafi regime. Abedi is the third of four brothers, with two older brothers and an 18-year-old sister. The family lived in Fallowfield, south Manchester, for at least ten years. Abedi's father is well-known locally and is a devout Muslim who opposes jihad and radicalism. As for Abedi, who has a silent personality, it is difficult to believe that he would launch a terrorist attack.

An old classmate of Abedi said that the last time he saw Abedi, he noticed that he had started to grow a beard. Abedi's neighbors said they felt the suspect had been acting strangely recently. When police raided a house in Fallowfield on Tuesday (23rd), they detonated suspicious items in the house. A neighbor revealed that it was the home of the suspected attacker.