Job Recruitment Website - Immigration policy - The Historical Evolution of Tung Chung Town

The Historical Evolution of Tung Chung Town

Yuandongchong town

During the Southern and Northern Dynasties (AD 420-58 1 year), Panyu Shawan and Jiaotang were still "surrounded by the sea on all sides", and there were no records of residential areas in the south of Shawan (namely Lingshan, Yuwotou, Tung Chung and Tanzhou), which were in the vast sea and were shallow seas with a water depth of 6-7 meters.

At the end of the Northern Song Dynasty (A.D. 1 127), Jin Bing invaded south, and at the end of the Southern Song Dynasty, Yuan Bing invaded, and a large number of people in the Central Plains moved south. The beaches south of Panyu Shawan (namely Lingshan, Yuwotou, Tung Chung and Tanzhou) were accelerated by the construction of artificial dikes.

The Qing Dynasty belonged to Shawan Capital.

During the Republic of China, it belonged to the first district.

In the early days of the People's Republic of China, this was Shabi Township.

1953 The present town consists of three administrative towns: Tung Chung, Shipai and Shiji.

1957, the area has been withdrawn, and it is Tung Chung Township.

1958 1 month, merged into Yuwotou Township.

From 1958 to 196 1 the first half of the year, it belonged to Lingshan and Yuwotou Commune successively.

196 1 July, it was separated from Yuwotou Commune to Tung Chung Commune.

Tung Chung District 1984.

Tung Chung Town 1987.

Yuanyuwotou town

In the Ming Dynasty, a sandbar (or dune) shaped like a nose gradually appeared from Shatou, Shiji Village, Tung Chung to Shawen Shabi Bridge and Shabizhai Village in Nanyong Village, which was called "Shabisha" or "Shabishan".

The Qing Dynasty belonged to Shawan Capital.

During the Republic of China, it belonged to the first district.

In the early days of the People's Republic of China, it belonged to Haoxia and Dawu townships under the jurisdiction of Lianxiang Office in Shajiuluo District.

1953, belonging to Area 2.

1957, Lingshan District was revoked and became Yuwotou Township.

1958 10 month, merged into Lingshan regiment.

1March, 959, it was separated from Lingshan commune and merged into Yuwotou commune.

196 1 In July, Tung Chung Commune was located to the east of Hong Kong Waterway.

Yuwotou District 1984.

Yuwotou town 1987.

Yuanxiqiao village

According to records, the BeiDou Enclosure on the west bank of Xiqiaoyong was built at 1876, and the Da 'ao Enclosure and Xiqiao Enclosure were built at 1776. Xiqiao Village has a history of 100 years.

1949 ~ 1952, which is under the jurisdiction of He Lan Township.

The second half of the year 1952 is under the jurisdiction of Dawu Township.

1953, under the jurisdiction of Shuang Yi Township.

1954 ~-200665438+1October 25th, under the jurisdiction of Lingshan.

On June 25, 2006, after the administrative division of Panyu was adjusted, the original Lingshan Town was set aside and merged into Tung Chung Town.

Merge to build a town

On June 25th, 2006, Yuwotou and Xiqiao Village in Lingshan merged into Tung Chung Town.

20121212, Tung Chung Town was transferred from Panyu District to Nansha District.