Job Recruitment Website - Ranking of immigration countries - Temple history in fahai temple

Temple history in fahai temple

According to the inscription on fahai temple of Zakho Mountain, fahai temple of Zakho Mountain was founded in Fengyi, Tang Gaozong in the second year (AD 677) by Zen master Xifeng. There are 20 acres of land, 38 houses and more than ten monks. "

Historically, fahai temple has been repeatedly built and abandoned. In the middle of Ming Dynasty, Taixu Zen Master rebuilt fahai temple; Kangxi five years (1666) and Tongzhi thirteen years (1874) were rebuilt twice. At the end of Qing Dynasty, Taiping Army conquered Jingziguan and set fire to fahai temple. The main buildings in the temple, together with the famous white pavilion, were set on fire. There are 8 existing ancient buildings, all built in Qing Dynasty. Fahai temple is listed as a provincial-level cultural relic protection unit together with the antique buildings such as Lang Ping Palace, Huangyuting, Shanshan Guild Hall and Wanshou Palace in Jingziguan Town.

In the second year of Yifeng, Tang Gaozong, Xifeng, a Buddhist monk, traveled here, so he fell in love with "Lotus" and founded a temple. According to legend, the Tang Priest talked about Buddhist scriptures everywhere after his return. Li Zhi and Tang Gaozong wanted to build a Buddhist temple at the junction of Henan, Hubei and Shaanxi provinces to promote Buddhism and educate the mountain people, so they sent Wei Chijingde, the founding emperor of the Tang Dynasty, to choose the site. The temple was originally located in the ravine at the northern end of the laundry building in Shangnan County and Xianghe County, Shaanxi Province. If you hit it right, it will be made. After the temple was completed, a big clock was specially cast to enhance its prestige. Unexpectedly, Zhong Gang was enchanted but disappeared. Jingdezhen sent people to visit everywhere, and later learned that he fell into the arms of Monkey Mountain in Jingziguan and visited the peak valley (Monkey Mountain) in Shanxi. Jing De carefully observed the location of Luo Zhong and the surrounding terrain, and was very surprised. The terrain is dangerous from north to south pole, surrounded by mountains. Wonderful! The big clock is falling on the lotus petal shaped by the situation. Jingdezhen quickly played this scene to Emperor Li Zhi. Li Zhiwen was overjoyed and immediately ordered that the temple be moved to Jingziguan. As the saying goes, the bell flies to the temple to deliver a speech, and thousands of buddhas and gods sit on the lotus platform. Since then, the temple is famous for its mountains, and the Shantuo Temple adds more color. The temple and Monkey Mountain are very harmonious and complement each other.

Because of its large scale in temples all over the country at that time, it was called "Great Temple" in the late Tang Dynasty and renamed "fahai temple" in the Northern Song Dynasty.

Historically, fahai temple has been repeatedly built and abandoned. In the middle of Ming Dynasty, Taixu Zen Master rebuilt fahai temple; Kangxi five years (1666) and Tongzhi thirteen years (1874) were rebuilt twice. At the end of Qing Dynasty, Taiping Army conquered Jingziguan and set fire to fahai temple. The main buildings in the temple, together with the famous white pavilion, were set on fire. There are eight existing ancient buildings, all built in the Qing Dynasty. Fahai temple is listed as a provincial-level cultural relic protection unit together with the antique buildings such as Lang Ping Palace, Huangyuting, Shanshan Guild Hall and Wanshou Palace in Jingziguan Town.