Job Recruitment Website - Job seeking and recruitment - What's interesting about Taicang Liuhe

What's interesting about Taicang Liuhe

There are many scenic spots in Liuhe Town, such as Wu Jianxiong Cemetery, Tianfei Palace, Old Pontoon Bridge, Meihua Caotang and Liuhe Sluice. In addition, you can also go sightseeing on the riverbank, as well as the newly-built Zhenghe Park and Garden Villa (Taicang Peony Garden), but it is a bit inconvenient to transfer. If you don't drive, you can't finish playing these scenic spots in one day.

Expand:

1. Liuhe Town is located in the east of Taicang City, Jiangsu Province, about15km away from the urban area. It is a satellite city in the urban area and receives the radiation from the urban area. Liuhe Town is connected to the urban area by Tailiu expressway. It faces Chongming Island across the river in the east and borders Baoshan and Jiading District in Shanghai in the south. It is the second gateway to the Yangtze River estuary, an important market town along the Yangtze River in Taicang City and the largest fishery base in Jiangsu Province. Historically, Jiangnan area was the main port for going to sea and Tianjin, and it was also an important port for foreign trade in ancient times. Zheng He, a Ming navigator, commanded the Ming fleet. He anchored from Liuhe (known as Liujiagang in the Ming Dynasty) seven times and crossed the sea westward, known as "the first pier in the world". At that time, the Tianfei Palace, where Zheng He went out to sea to worship the gods, had a magnificent back hall building.

In recent years, Zheng He Memorial Hall has been newly opened and has become a tourist attraction for Chinese and foreign tourists. Qi Jiguang, a famous anti-Japanese warrior, inspected the parade platform built by the Navy, the Mingde Building enlightened by Professor Wu Jianxiong, a world-famous physicist, and the Meihua Caotang, a century-old master of Chinese painting, which is being restored, are all excellent places for people to visit.

2. Historical evolution

Yuan changed the port to a port for transporting grain in the north. Ming set up the inspection department, which was rebuilt in the palace, commonly known as the town; In the first year of Yongle (1403), it was turned into a foreign trade port, and merchant ships from various countries gathered together, commonly known as the "six-country wharf"; After that, Zheng He led seven ships to the Western Ocean and visited Southeast Asia, South Asia, Southwest Asia and East Africa. In the eighteenth year of Chenghua (1482), Liuhe Fort was built on the north bank of Liuhe Kou, with a circumference of 1.5 km, commonly known as Liuhe New Town, and Tian Fei Town was called the Old Town accordingly. In the late Ming and early Qing Dynasties, Liuhe New Town was renamed Liuhe Town. At the end of Qianlong period, the estuary of Liuhe River was silted up, so big ships could not get in. Instead, a new town was built about 2.5 kilometers east of the town. It is the starting point and end point of the old and new towns in Liuhe. In the late Qing Dynasty, the postal service changed "Liu" to "Liu", so it was called Liuhe Town.

Liuhe town 1949, Liuhe commune 1958, Liuhe town 1963, Liuhe township 1985. 1997, with an area of 40 square kilometers and a population of 37,000, governs Xinzhen, He Qiao, Changhong, Liuli, Zhangsu, Changqing, Zhanan, Taoyuan, Mitsui, Begonia, Amethyst, Shiqiao, Xinzha, Farm, Jiangyan, Qian Jing, Dongcang, Zhabei, Liunan and Donghai.